What did you do with your flock today?

Well, our old friend isn't going to get the little unwanted Chihuahua. The neighbors got over their upset at losing their beloved old boy and said the lil guy can come back. That little dog was so happy to go home.
So I asked him to babysit one of our Chihuahuas instead. Just something so he's not all alone for the next month while we're gone. He was our neighbor from the second house we lived in here in AZ...so we've been friends for just over 20 years now and he feels more like family. Anyhow... worried about him is all.
That’s nice of you to let him have some company! 😍❤️😍

So yall going on vacation @ChicksnMore ?

@TropicalBabies you staying down the mountain this time or you keep going back and forth? Sure is gorgeous there!

@FBMcrazy8 yeah the naked fields would depress me! And critters?! No thank you
Yeah…it’s pretty boring. But in winter it looks beautiful! We are adding more pretty fall trees to the property to give it some character.
@Gammas Bearded Babies Spider pulled off his leg feathers because of leg mites. It took me a bit to catch on to what was going on because he had no lifting of scales. Vaseline took care of them quick and I am certain Spider was grateful ♡♡♡

Yes, back down, done with my hiatus 😭😭😭😭 bye bye happy place.View attachment 3275568
Good morning my babies!!! 😁😁😁😁💕 Forest slept on top of me orslammed up against me last night. He is my biggest fan. All kitties talking and following me and extra happy for scratches. Even chickens are following my every move. I love it and it must be what my heaven is like ♡♡♡ View attachment 3275570View attachment 3275578View attachment 3275583View attachment 3275574View attachment 3275571
So much work to do. Scrubbing, bleaching & organizing EVERYTHING.
Good to wake up at home with my babies. ♡♡♡
Spiders flock has the rooster coops and garden area, though Spider has hopped the fence already. No rooster challenges thank goodness so integration will hopefully be seamless. So far, everything is surprisingly smooth. I am VERY proud of Beetle.
One of the grandkids chicken laid her first egg... think it is B the chicken who confuses me lol.View attachment 3275601
Got my last hatch playing in the outside brooder on the grass and I will be firing up the bater after I collect today's red eggs. Did I mention it is good to be home? 😁😉😍💕
Beautiful pictures! Sounds like you are going to be very busy!

Here's Joey's feet n legs...he's never really had LONG feathers like his brother's and sisters so I didn't pay mich attention to it til I noticed a nail missing then the long feather had come in and was excited to see it...then it was gone.
20220930_171742.jpg

And here's pic of Bluey feet since this is Joey's half brother so u can see Joey should have longer feathers.
20220930_162259.jpg

Edited to reflect I just notices him limping a tad on his right foot and holding it up. I saw the beginning of a callous and got it off. It was very small and flicked right off without any effort. Is this like early Bumble foot?
20220930_171616.jpg

Last edited:
Here's Joey's feet n legs...he's never really had LONG feathers like his brother's and sisters so I didn't pay mich attention to it til I noticed a nail missing then the long feather had come in and was excited to see it...then it was gone.
View attachment 3276729
And here's pic of Bluey feet since this is Joey's half brother so u can see Joey should have longer feathers.View attachment 3276632

Edited to reflect I just notices him limping a tad on his right foot and holding it up. I saw the beginning of a callous and got it off. It was very small and flicked right off without any effort. Is this like early Bumble foot?View attachment 3276730
I wish I had answers for you. His feet though look ok to me aside from the last one. My French Black Maran (Belle) has feathered feet like Joey.

View attachment 3276729
And here's pic of Bluey feet since this is Joey's half brother so u can see Joey should have longer feathers.View attachment 3276632

Edited to reflect I just notices him limping a tad on his right foot and holding it up. I saw the beginning of a callous and got it off. It was very small and flicked right off without any effort. Is this like early Bumble foot?View attachment 3276730
Yeah aside from the early bumblefoot his feet and legs look fine to me too! Keep an eye on the foot but nothing jumps out at the moment!

So I am attempting to integrate my teenage ladies and they’re all so timid they just hide in the back of the run all day. Occasionally they try to come out and Marshmallow and the bantam Cochins peck them and they flip out and flap around and hide again. 🤦🏼‍♀️ It’s never been alarming types of pecking, just the “get outta here you in my space twerp” type of sassy pecking. I was doing chicken chores and heard the commotion so I finished up and went to check on them and found Peaches out of the run on top of the coop 🤦🏼‍♀️ There’s a gap in my bird netting and she clearly found it.

So I sat with her and she told me all about it for about 20 mins—literally she talked most of the time. I just love her, she’s such a unique coloring and has a gentle expression that tells you she’s a sweet special one 😍

Attachments

• ABEA70C8-5A1F-48F0-812A-498B646ADE20.jpeg
    ABEA70C8-5A1F-48F0-812A-498B646ADE20.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 0403E4AF-72AA-40B5-93A0-C7F54CCCBE3F.jpeg
    0403E4AF-72AA-40B5-93A0-C7F54CCCBE3F.jpeg
    477 KB · Views: 1
  • 1B0B0048-B2B0-4755-A3C7-3702B97BC6AE.jpeg
    1B0B0048-B2B0-4755-A3C7-3702B97BC6AE.jpeg
    593 KB · Views: 1
View attachment 3276729

I can't say on feathers...but yes on the last pic. I've always treated something like that by putting triple antibiotic ointment on it and a corn sticky thing they sell for people with the hole in the center, then bandaids over it to help keep it on. Moleskin tape makes a great bandage for something like that too. I love moleskin tape for feet stuff.
Yesterday I gave the flock a bale of straw to scratch around in and today was picture day. My Brahma pullets are 11 1/2 weeks now and are almost as big as my smallest Easter Egger hen.

View attachment 3276595

O those are beautiful girls! ❤️❤️❤️ You should enter that first pic in the pow 😍

Back
Top Bottom