What did you do with your flock today?

Sunday, so cleaning time! Also checked the coop, seems like everything is ready for the winter. It's my first winter so I'm a bit anxious
Welcome! Where in the world are ya? How cold does it get there? What preps did ya do?
Got a pic of your babies?!

@FBMcrazy8 the duck house is looking good!!! They are gonna luv all that decor I'm telling ya!

Welcome! Where in the world are ya? How cold does it get there? What preps did ya do?
Got a pic of your babies?!

@FBMcrazy8 the duck house is looking good!!! They are gonna luv all that decor I'm telling ya!
I’m certainly hoping so! I can’t wait to get more!

I made a flower from @ChicksnMore tutorial. I used a sponge brush and acrylic paint. I’m thinking spray paint maybe better. I made a sunflower too but it doesn’t look as good as this one at least. I also had to make my own color brown…cause at the store I forgot. And I have a fear of cans….I’m one that is going to get cut for sure. I just took a bag of trash out and got my arm sliced open by the lid of one…I think just some practice and I can make prettier cuts.

Attachments

• 3C0A70F2-C04D-49F1-A6BF-A307DD487322.jpeg
    3C0A70F2-C04D-49F1-A6BF-A307DD487322.jpeg
    814.3 KB · Views: 1
Oh you guys are so fun!!!
Good morning and happy Sunday!

Welcome to the thread @SunnyLan ! Oh goodness a coop scrub sounds good. Yes, photos please! 😄

@FBMcrazy8 that is terrific! You have a coop/run mansion ♡♡♡. I personally find it romantic backing farm fields and well, I am sure you guys will get resourceful at dealing with what comes. What a terrific experience for the kids ♡♡♡. LOVE the flower, 🐸 toad house and other decor🦆🦆 Looking terrific!

@ChicksnMore , I know you are up to your eyeballs with busy ♡ I just wanted to wish you a wonderful and safe trip and look forward to you chiming in when you can. :hugs :ya 🎉🎉:jumpy:jumpy

Oh me...have yall ever had a chick decide to sleep all by themselves totally opposite the entire flock?! I mean mine sleep on the porch of their coop which is within the run.
But I was looking for Bambi the other night...lil black silkie and could not find her for nothing.
She had wedged herself on behind the edge of the brooder on the ground behind the straw bale. All the others are on the complete opposite side of the entire run.
She has done this the past few nights.
I've moved her each time.
The cochins on the other hand are roosting INSIDE the coop ON the ROOST!!! Thank You Lord! And they are the youngest of the entire flock!
And now the oldest of the flock, minus Joey, has decided they need to sleep on the treat bucket like the cochins had been doing. I tell ya they are playing musical chairs out there!
Chickens are weird 😳 Silkies probably the weirdest of all :lau

Maxed out and holding my breath with this integration.
20221001_184314.jpg
20221001_184251.jpg

Spider and Beetlejuice are giving each other a wide birth. Spider and his girls are clearly in charge, which makes me a tad sad and reminds me of a pack of school bullies.
Beetle is a kind gentle boy with a very harmonious flock, he has done a terrific job ♡♡♡ Spider is smart and probably knows he (and his snotty girls!) will end up back in the roo coop if they push too hard- he has also stopped his incessant crowing (THANK GOODNESS!!!) that he did up Koke'e. That was ridiculous 🙄 happy to be back to the calm, low Brahma crows.

I did have to intervene and toss some old biddies out of the mini coop. I don't want the babies getting picked on.
20221001_184244.jpg

So, I am almost maxed out w/ my 47 (I counted)
20221001_184336.jpg
20221001_184516.jpg

Cept I do have a bottom brooder, a cabinet brooder, 2 open roo pens and 4 more dog crates. It feels intense right now.
So busy with laundry, yardwork, housework, catch up, cooking... cats and dog. Crazy. Need to finish up the big hedge today and also try and figure out my bag stand. DH is taking AJ to get a new phone so I will have a moment when they are not adding to my list of to-dos.
I had DH hold Hope down for me yesterday and I did some eye cleaning/surgery. Having a heck of a time getting that infection out. Leaning towards it being eyeworm damage. I'm sure we have lost her eye, I just need her to heal. She has gone from a shy girl to a comfortable love. Just want her better. ♡♡♡

New chick parents making quick work out of their modified Carolina coop.
94257.jpeg

Lucky birds!!!
Tad nicer than my old horse trailer coop 😂🤣🤣🤣😂

Sunday, so cleaning time! Also checked the coop, seems like everything is ready for the winter. It's my first winter so I'm a bit anxious
Hope your winter goes easy on you and your flock 🤞
We worked some on the duck coop yesterday. We added a few more flowers, hoping they will make it next year, and added fencing and skirt under the duck house. Added a few decorations around the coop as well.
Your duck areas really looking wonderful! I'm in love with the toad houses. We get so many toads...desert and spadefoots galore. I'm going to have to see if I can come up with a toad house or two just for fun. ❤️
Your flower looks great! I haven't gotten cut yet but can understand your worry...the metal edges are definitely sharp. I was gonna make and send ya guys some when I'm back but that'll be a while. Hubbys happy to drink more beer so I'll have enough cans 🤣
Maxed out and holding my breath with this integration. View attachment 3278226View attachment 3278228
Spider and Beetlejuice are giving each other a wide birth. Spider and his girls are clearly in charge, which makes me a tad sad and reminds me of a pack of school bullies.
Beetle is a kind gentle boy with a very harmonious flock, he has done a terrific job ♡♡♡ Spider is smart and probably knows he (and his snotty girls!) will end up back in the roo coop if they push too hard- he has also stopped his incessant crowing (THANK GOODNESS!!!) that he did up Koke'e. That was ridiculous 🙄 happy to be back to the calm, low Brahma crows.

I did have to intervene and toss some old biddies out of the mini coop. I don't want the babies getting picked on.

View attachment 3278229
So, I am almost maxed out w/ my 47 (I counted) View attachment 3278240View attachment 3278239
Cept I do have a bottom brooder, a cabinet brooder, 2 open roo pens and 4 more dog crates. It feels intense right now.
So busy with laundry, yardwork, housework, catch up, cooking... cats and dog. Crazy. Need to finish up the big hedge today and also try and figure out my bag stand. DH is taking AJ to get a new phone so I will have a moment when they are not adding to my list of to-dos.
I had DH hold Hope down for me yesterday and I did some eye cleaning/surgery. Having a heck of a time getting that infection out. Leaning towards it being eyeworm damage. I'm sure we have lost her eye, I just need her to heal. She has gone from a shy girl to a comfortable love. Just want her better. ♡♡♡

New chick parents making quick work out of their modified Carolina coop.View attachment 3278263
Lucky birds!!!
Tad nicer than my old horse trailer coop 😂🤣🤣🤣😂
I love your mini coop! Think I need to start calling my mini coops micro coops 🤣. 47 and multiple coops to care for can definitely keep you hopping. Bet you find it easy to walk those 1000 steps they recommend for health 🤣❤️. Fingers still crossed for Hope. Those eye worms sound truly horrible to deal with 🤞😢.

Yesterday was my birthday and hubby went all out. Sometimes that man makes me want to pull my hair out...but he's precious none the less. Yesterday was a wonderful day 💗.

More outdoor time today and hubby gets a walk through of the garden so he knows what to watch and harvest while I'm gone. He'll probably only harvest the peppers and cucumbers though and let the neighbor take the rest. I have all these beautiful green beans growing...makes my mouth water just looking at them. Hopefully they're still producing when I get home.

I turned the dirt in the yoko run yesterday and watched them go nuts playing in it. One of the aloha baby's found a 2 or 3 inch grub and football ensued. I wish I'd had my camera with me...two of the babies each had an end of that grub and were playing tug of war right at my feet 🤣🤣🤣❤️ Poor grub but so cute Chickies!

I think everyones done moulting here and the pea pen is the last one that needs cleaned up. It looks like a weird pillow exploded.
20221002_090435.jpg

So then I tried to get a pic of the peas...but Oregon says him only please and thank you.
20221002_090455.jpg
20221002_090453.jpg
20221002_090505.jpg
20221002_090555.jpg
20221002_090606(0).jpg

Yesterday was my birthday and hubby went all out. Sometimes that man makes me want to pull my hair out...but he's precious none the less. Yesterday was a wonderful day 💗.

More outdoor time today and hubby gets a walk through of the garden so he knows what to watch and harvest while I'm gone. He'll probably only harvest the peppers and cucumbers though and let the neighbor take the rest. I have all these beautiful green beans growing...makes my mouth water just looking at them. Hopefully they're still producing when I get home.

I turned the dirt in the yoko run yesterday and watched them go nuts playing in it. One of the aloha baby's found a 2 or 3 inch grub and football ensued. I wish I'd had my camera with me...two of the babies each had an end of that grub and were playing tug of war right at my feet 🤣🤣🤣❤️ Poor grub but so cute Chickies!

I think everyones done moulting here and the pea pen is the last one that needs cleaned up. It looks like a weird pillow exploded.View attachment 3278297
So then I tried to get a pic of the peas...but Oregon says him only please and thank you.View attachment 3278298View attachment 3278299View attachment 3278300View attachment 3278301View attachment 3278302
Oregon 😂😂😂
Grub football 🤣🤣🤣
Hey! Happy belated birthday lady!!! So glad it was a great day! So, 29?! ♡

I'd like to only count my heart age and today I feel about 20...lol. My bodies age is a disagreeable 55 though. Shame on our bodies for aging faster then our hearts and soul eh.
Well said! 😅 I consider myself pretty lucky -despite all of the past abuse- and a good nap goes a long way 😉 I still feel 18 in my head most days.

Back
Top Bottom