What did you do with your flock today?

Maxed out and holding my breath with this integration. View attachment 3278226View attachment 3278228
Whoa!!! That's a full roost!
OMGeeze do they only go in there are nighttime all together like that?

I was out with mine off n on all afternoon trying to determine my situation before cold weather sets in.
I did finally add on the hinged 6" wood at the big entrance to coop to prevent wasting my precious hemp bedding for deep bedding...which I was quickly reminded of how Amazon sold me a massive bag that clearly is NOT hemp cuz I thought I was gonna cough til I puked from all the "non-dust"!!!
Ugh...so sticking with even more expensive stuff cuz definitely worth every penny! And now the ground outside the coop won't get a piece!

I had DH hold Hope down for me yesterday and I did some eye cleaning/surgery. Having a heck of a time getting that infection out. Leaning towards it being eyeworm damage. I'm sure we have lost her eye, I just need her to heal. She has gone from a shy girl to a comfortable love. Just want her better. ♡♡♡
I do hope HOPE has full recovery! That sounds awful!

Joey doesnt limp in the run with the others. But as soon as i put him out in the yard with me he limps. So he calmly sat and enjoyed a toothbrush grooming on his dried up beard from getting overly into the cantaloupe on all our hot days while i soaked his feet in Epsom salt and warm water.

Lucky birds!!!
Tad nicer than my old horse trailer coop 😂🤣🤣🤣😂
Oh that is nice!
Yesterday was my birthday and hubby went all out. Sometimes that man makes me want to pull my hair out...but he's precious none the less. Yesterday was a wonderful day 💗.
What a gorgeous baby OREGON is!
Happy belated birthday!
N YALL HAVE FUN n be safe on your trip!!!

Everythings quiet this morning. We got rain yesterday and Schultz managed to get wet somehow, so I brought him onto the porch to sleep overnight. He's finally starting to get grumpy with me for picking him up so much lately...he used to run up to me, jump on me and let me pet him. Now he runs up to me but isn't jumping on me and isn't always letting me pet him. ☹️ He'll probably relax after a month or so of normal life again. 🤞 I've gotten such a kick out of his greetings and will miss them if he doesn't.
Today and tomorrow are all outdoor time. The neighbors coming to get a walk through and I'll top off everything, pick some green beans, peppers and stuff and lots of treats and attention for all the beasties this weekend. I enjoy that as much as they do, so it's going to be a lovely weekend ❤️
Ahhh Schultz will come around! But I understand! I miss Puff still to this day, because he always came to see me and was the only one that actually wanted pets. I haven’t had a better year with a chicken yet…so it just made me so sad when he changed 😢 Schultz sounds like he’s just feeling all out of sorts and needs to recenter!

I hope you have a great time on your trip and your hubby manages to keep things running! And happy birthday!! 🎉🎈🎊

On the bag news!!! Feed store ASKED about carrying my bags!!! Well, that is 1 so far! Need to get permission from non-profit and build a stand! Most exciting!!!View attachment 3277316
Got a bunch more really cute bags to do! Need to set up a sewing station down here 🙄 I need a clone.View attachment 3277317
Also have another order of chicks so fired up the bator AGAIN.
For my daily cool off DH and I have been going for rides in the late noon/early eves. What a good God send. Just loving Boo big time! Yesterday was the gnarly Waimea side canyon road. More intense hills and corners than the Kekaha side but I made it up perfect fine. Thank goodness we went down the Kekaha way...🤢View attachment 3277323
How exciting about your bags!! That’s so great! They recognize good quality when they see it! ❤️

That view!! I need to escape to the ocean for a cool down…I miss it.

I'm so glad Beetle and Spider are doing well together ❤️ I see your happy happy birds and feel sorry for my poor banties always locked up and with only dirt to play with when they do get to come out. Thanks as always for the beautiful pictures... they're inspiring! When I get home I'll try to figure out something to give my cage babies more.
I know, I wish I had the ability to let mine out for free range time. I know they’d just be so happy. But this is what I’ve got for now, so it’ll do—and I have something to aspire to! ❤️

Oh me...have yall ever had a chick decide to sleep all by themselves totally opposite the entire flock?! I mean mine sleep on the porch of their coop which is within the run.
But I was looking for Bambi the other night...lil black silkie and could not find her for nothing.
She had wedged herself on behind the edge of the brooder on the ground behind the straw bale. All the others are on the complete opposite side of the entire run.
She has done this the past few nights.
I've moved her each time.
The cochins on the other hand are roosting INSIDE the coop ON the ROOST!!! Thank You Lord! And they are the youngest of the entire flock!
And now the oldest of the flock, minus Joey, has decided they need to sleep on the treat bucket like the cochins had been doing. I tell ya they are playing musical chairs out there!
Sounds like they are all trying to keep life interesting for you 😆😆

Silkies are definitely something special 😁 Cher Bear was like that…was a daily hunt to find where she’d wedged herself at bedtime. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Behind food bins, under or inside the poop bins, under the coop ramp…rarely ever IN the coop. 😆 Polish have been similar…they seem to not really get bedtime since they got evicted from the coop with no autodoor so the teenagers could move in. They definitely keep us on our toes!

We worked some on the duck coop yesterday. We added a few more flowers, hoping they will make it next year, and added fencing and skirt under the duck house. Added a few decorations around the coop as well.
Your duck coop is going to be amazing! Those are some lucky ducks! 😍😍 Love the decorations around it! So fun!

I’m certainly hoping so! I can’t wait to get more!

I made a flower from @ChicksnMore tutorial. I used a sponge brush and acrylic paint. I’m thinking spray paint maybe better. I made a sunflower too but it doesn’t look as good as this one at least. I also had to make my own color brown…cause at the store I forgot. And I have a fear of cans….I’m one that is going to get cut for sure. I just took a bag of trash out and got my arm sliced open by the lid of one…I think just some practice and I can make prettier cuts.
Nice!! It turned out really great and I love the color choices! I’m gonna have to try that out soon!

Maxed out and holding my breath with this integration. View attachment 3278226View attachment 3278228
Spider and Beetlejuice are giving each other a wide birth. Spider and his girls are clearly in charge, which makes me a tad sad and reminds me of a pack of school bullies.
Beetle is a kind gentle boy with a very harmonious flock, he has done a terrific job ♡♡♡ Spider is smart and probably knows he (and his snotty girls!) will end up back in the roo coop if they push too hard- he has also stopped his incessant crowing (THANK GOODNESS!!!) that he did up Koke'e. That was ridiculous 🙄 happy to be back to the calm, low Brahma crows.

I did have to intervene and toss some old biddies out of the mini coop. I don't want the babies getting picked on.View attachment 3278229
So, I am almost maxed out w/ my 47 (I counted) View attachment 3278240View attachment 3278239
Cept I do have a bottom brooder, a cabinet brooder, 2 open roo pens and 4 more dog crates. It feels intense right now.
So busy with laundry, yardwork, housework, catch up, cooking... cats and dog. Crazy. Need to finish up the big hedge today and also try and figure out my bag stand. DH is taking AJ to get a new phone so I will have a moment when they are not adding to my list of to-dos.
I had DH hold Hope down for me yesterday and I did some eye cleaning/surgery. Having a heck of a time getting that infection out. Leaning towards it being eyeworm damage. I'm sure we have lost her eye, I just need her to heal. She has gone from a shy girl to a comfortable love. Just want her better. ♡♡♡

New chick parents making quick work out of their modified Carolina coop.View attachment 3278263
Lucky birds!!!
My goodness you are starting to sound like me! So many things up in the air that need time and attention 😆 including too many (is that really a thing though?) chickens and coops! You always handle it all with a calm (at least in written words 😆) even manner I just don’t seem to possess when I have a lot on my plate! I get overwhelmed and have panic attacks and I gotta figure things out.

That coop looks amazing!! I need one of those!

Oh you guys are so fun!!!
Good morning and happy Sunday!

Welcome to the thread @SunnyLan ! Oh goodness a coop scrub sounds good. Yes, photos please! 😄

@FBMcrazy8 that is terrific! You have a coop/run mansion ♡♡♡. I personally find it romantic backing farm fields and well, I am sure you guys will get resourceful at dealing with what comes. What a terrific experience for the kids ♡♡♡. LOVE the flower, 🐸 toad house and other decor🦆🦆 Looking terrific!

@ChicksnMore , I know you are up to your eyeballs with busy ♡ I just wanted to wish you a wonderful and safe trip and look forward to you chiming in when you can. :hugs :ya 🎉🎉:jumpy:jumpy
Thank you!! Our fence is a little over 6’ tall maybe. We are going to take pumping and make the top kind of like a hoop and throw netting over it. It will come down the side of the fencing and we will attach it that way, kinda like the chicken run. But we are concerned about the back of the coop house. Raccoons and such could easily get on top of the house. And even though the netting will go to the back of it, I’m not certain it will stop a coon. However the hardwire cloth for ventilation is going to be hard to just rip off. We are thinking we will probably just put the hot wire around the duck coop before the chicken coop. The chickens house sets up much higher and is for sure harder to get into. We considered making the duck house higher but I didn’t want to fight getting them in there. Figured if it sat lower it wouldn’t be as hard. And we are hoping with it being literally right behind the house it might help deter some predators. We are also going to be putting up solar lights around it like we did the chicken coop so if something gets in, we can see it better.

If anyone has ideas I’m up for suggestion.

Spider and Beetlejuice are giving each other a wide birth. Spider and his girls are clearly in charge, which makes me a tad sad and reminds me of a pack of school bullies.
Beetle is a kind gentle boy with a very harmonious flock, he has done a terrific job ♡♡♡ Spider is smart and probably knows he (and his snotty girls!) will end up back in the roo coop if they push too hard- he has also stopped his incessant crowing (THANK GOODNESS!!!) that he did up Koke'e. That was ridiculous 🙄 happy to be back to the calm, low Brahma crows.

I did have to intervene and toss some old biddies out of the mini coop. I don't want the babies getting picked on.View attachment 3278229
So, I am almost maxed out w/ my 47 (I counted) View attachment 3278240View attachment 3278239
Cept I do have a bottom brooder, a cabinet brooder, 2 open roo pens and 4 more dog crates. It feels intense right now.
So busy with laundry, yardwork, housework, catch up, cooking... cats and dog. Crazy. Need to finish up the big hedge today and also try and figure out my bag stand. DH is taking AJ to get a new phone so I will have a moment when they are not adding to my list of to-dos.

New chick parents making quick work out of their modified Carolina coop.View attachment 3278263
Lucky birds!!!
Wow! You sure do have a lot going on! I hope that Hope gets better, poor little thing!

Back
Top Bottom