What did you do with your flock today?

It's pretty -or could be - but I'd not have paid as much as that for it either. My 'big' coop cost me £30 second hand. It's handmade, not a prefab. It has an apex roof which I hinged for easy access and added some extra ventilation. I don't have great pictures of it but these might give you some idea. The brown, tatty hen is Peggy, the day I adopted her from the battery cages.
What a deal! Can't even fill my gas tank for that.

It's pretty -or could be - but I'd not have paid as much as that for it either. My 'big' coop cost me £30 second hand. It's handmade, not a prefab. It has an apex roof which I hinged for easy access and added some extra ventilation. I don't have great pictures of it but these might give you some idea. The brown, tatty hen is Peggy, the day I adopted her from the battery cages.
Out of these pictures I think it is in really good shape!

I daren't go to auctions. I'd be bankrupt by the time I came home and DH would moan about where we're going to put all the 'crap' I'd bought.:rolleyes:
My mom AND dad have that problem. But I get a lot of good stuff out of it. I got a whole hay rack FULL of baking and cake decorating stuff. My step dad only spent $1 for it all! 😁 I have to refrain myself. There was an incubator I was trying to get but it didn’t state if it worked or not. And it went for about $35. And I didn’t know if I could get it working if it didn’t work so I back out of it.

Little Stanley is 12 weeks old today and nearly as big as his mom. He's going to be a total snugglebug like his dad. I really hope he and Ferdy continue to get on as I haven't the space to separate them and I don't want to have to re-home him. I took some pictures of him earlier, not great as he wouldn't keep still..
He is pretty!!

Weather service forecast: Convergent zone in Kitsap. Forecast is 4-5" , more on the west side 8"+. only a couple of the flock are traversing the cold, wet ground. Have about a half inch this morning, we should be covered by tomorrow morning. Need to go get the eggs this pm so they don't freeze. Not going anywhere for a couple days, since we have lots of hills, and plows don't come quickly. Time for cooking and writing Christmas cards and letter, online shopping. What's on your Christmas wish list?

Weather service forecast: Convergent zone in Kitsap. Forecast is 4-5" , more on the west side 8"+. only a couple of the flock are traversing the cold, wet ground. Have about a half inch this morning, we should be covered by tomorrow morning. Need to go get the eggs this pm so they don't freeze. Not going anywhere for a couple days, since we have lots of hills, and plows don't come quickly. Time for cooking and writing Christmas cards and letter, online shopping. What's on your Christmas wish list?
I remember traveling through the Snohomish pass to get to Tacoma/Lakewood area. That was som scary stuff. I don’t do mountains and snow. I didn’t have chains for my car cause in the flatlands you don’t need it. I almost ended up under a McDonalds semi. I would stay home too!!

Brrr! Sounds like the perfect day for cooking and Christmas shopping! I can tell I’m no longer a younger person…who used to want fancy clothes and purses and such. I got soooo excited because we got the Dyson cordless vacuum and the new garbage can I wanted for Christmas 😂😂😂 I’ve been watching the prices and sales for awhile at Dyson…and it dropped to the lowest I’ve ever seen so we did it! Woohoo! If youd told 30 year old me that I’d be thrilled to get a vacuum for Christmas I would have cried for my older self 😆

@Shetland lover if you get a chance to ask your vet school friends a question for me—could you ask them how long after the dermatitis has cleared and the skin has healed might the chicken start to recover physically? I worry every day that she sleeps versus getting up and moving her legs more that she’s not recovering and trying not to give up and stay positive! She’s got plenty of sass and is eating more which is a good sign, but I was hoping to see more attempts at walking again. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom