What did you do with your flock today?

Well I just sent two lil girls off to their new home! I'm glad it worked out well and hope they have an enjoyable integration with the new lil flock! This was my paint Satin and splash Silkie girlees.
I need to rehome MORE but I made a first step! I'm a fraction less illegal now...that count?!? :confused:
@ChicksnMore you do paint an amazing picture! Sounds like you are feeling some better too!!!
@TropicalBabies that is a lot of eggs!!! Whew! Hopefully some of this rain we couldn't have bought if we wanted to the past few months will head your way for a while...we are water logged here in the run and you know it makes it difficult on feathered feet babies!

🍷here's to one more step closer, i hope, to my mille fleur and porcelain goals!!!
Go you!!! I wanted to actually try to convince a lady today today to sell me her Wyandottes. They are just so pretty. I had to refrain from even asking. I just said that they were just so beautiful and she says “I know, I have a problem” I just looked at her and said “welcome to the club…I do to” 🤣.

I will take some of your rain. All the rain I hope for stays south of us and gets you! We are so dry here. And believe me, I’m ok with that but I also know we need it.

Ok so ladies, it happened. And to be honest I wasn’t planning on it. I didn’t think it would be until the spring. If even then, because I wanted Brahmas for sure so I wasn’t going to push. But maybe I have said enough of how much I wanted some. But my husband finished the laundry room remodel and then says, we have to take an hour trip today after the kids get home from school. I was fighting him on it because I was tired. And then he showed me the pictures and I wasn’t tired anymore. He found me a miniature goat. We got a little Pygmy Goat boy. She didn’t have any females and he was the last boy. But she has a friend that 2 girls are do any day and they will let us know if there is a girl. But we are going to do some more serious looking around for a friend for him. For know he is inside the house so he isn’t lonely. We put him up in our dogs old kennel. She wasn’t thrilled with it but she was willing to share with him. He wasn’t having that though. But they are doing great together. I was concerned that she would be more aggressive because of the babies but I think she knows he is just a baby and all she wanted to do was lick him and play with him. He is only 9 weeks old and pretty spunky. Our 2 yr old named him 🤦‍♀️. I couldn’t change it after he did. So for horses he will yell “mommy yup yup, mommy yup yup, heehaw!” He doesn’t say getty up, it’s yup yup. So what did he name the little boy…yep it’s YupYup. Oh I love him.

Attachments

• EDA1FECC-091B-46D8-89AA-A77817046E8D.jpeg
    EDA1FECC-091B-46D8-89AA-A77817046E8D.jpeg
    618.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 3DBE9FB4-628E-4B2E-A260-2C15966DD649.jpeg
    3DBE9FB4-628E-4B2E-A260-2C15966DD649.jpeg
    550.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 6E65CBDF-98E4-4E9E-92D8-92E4A77706AF.jpeg
    6E65CBDF-98E4-4E9E-92D8-92E4A77706AF.jpeg
    405.7 KB · Views: 1
Ok so ladies, it happened. And to be honest I wasn’t planning on it. I didn’t think it would be until the spring. If even then, because I wanted Brahmas for sure so I wasn’t going to push. But maybe I have said enough of how much I wanted some. But my husband finished the laundry room remodel and then says, we have to take an hour trip today after the kids get home from school. I was fighting him on it because I was tired. And then he showed me the pictures and I wasn’t tired anymore. He found me a miniature goat. We got a little Pygmy Goat boy. She didn’t have any females and he was the last boy. But she has a friend that 2 girls are do any day and they will let us know if there is a girl. But we are going to do some more serious looking around for a friend for him. For know he is inside the house so he isn’t lonely. We put him up in our dogs old kennel. She wasn’t thrilled with it but she was willing to share with him. He wasn’t having that though. But they are doing great together. I was concerned that she would be more aggressive because of the babies but I think she knows he is just a baby and all she wanted to do was lick him and play with him. He is only 9 weeks old and pretty spunky. Our 2 yr old named him 🤦‍♀️. I couldn’t change it after he did. So for horses he will yell “mommy yup yup, mommy yup yup, heehaw!” He doesn’t say getty up, it’s yup yup. So what did he name the little boy…yep it’s YupYup. Oh I love him.
Merry Christmas! 🎄🎁🎁🎁 hehehe. Congratulations ♡ your new addition is very darn adorable. Oh my gosh YupYup is going to think he is a puppy 🤣 ♡♡♡ just too fun.

Eeeee!!! Yup yup is adorable!! How fun! 😍😍😍 what a good husband you have ❤️

Home from our trip finally and need to catch up on the thread! I have Asha her first dose of tetra—here’s hoping it works! She did eat all her scrambled egg though! So appetite isn’t totally gone. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Got all the chickens back outside being chickens again. Ruby was feeling a bit saucy and he and Rolly had a fight, so Rolly came in for a bit to separate them. Might soon be time for another rehoming. Rolly is a very nice boy to people but he isn’t meshing real well with the others. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Also got the new additions bathed and settled in for some quarantine time in the house. They’ve been dubbed Mr. and Mrs. Ball…Cotton and Snow 😆 The sat on me for over an hour while drying from their baths (I fell asleep!) and when I woke up, Cotton decided she needed to move and did this 😆 Mr. Ball was not a fan of our family game of charades and kept crowing 😆 It’s safe to say we (especially the husband) are all done with crowing roosters! 🤪

5EE2768E-A552-488F-86DE-3180760767DF.jpeg

6F67F08C-E819-446A-AF2B-D5EE06F68965.jpeg

Aren’t they just so pretty? 😍 little shiny white floofs! 😍

Well I just sent two lil girls off to their new home! I'm glad it worked out well and hope they have an enjoyable integration with the new lil flock! This was my paint Satin and splash Silkie girlees.
I need to rehome MORE but I made a first step! I'm a fraction less illegal now...that count?!? :confused:
@ChicksnMore you do paint an amazing picture! Sounds like you are feeling some better too!!!
@TropicalBabies that is a lot of eggs!!! Whew! Hopefully some of this rain we couldn't have bought if we wanted to the past few months will head your way for a while...we are water logged here in the run and you know it makes it difficult on feathered feet babies!

🍷here's to one more step closer, i hope, to my mille fleur and porcelain goals!!!
I am! It's definitely a life is good kinda day ❤️
Wow isn't he just the cutest lil guy! 😍😍❤️ I tried to introduce Mina (that's ours name) to our dogs and she gets scared and headbutts them. She's starting to realize they're not scary but we have a little bit to go before they'll be friends. Spunky is a good word for goats! 🤣
I love the name YupYup and can't wait to see your puppy-goat as he grows! Pygmies are sooo cute!

Home from our trip finally and need to catch up on the thread! I have Asha her first dose of tetra—here’s hoping it works! She did eat all her scrambled egg though! So appetite isn’t totally gone. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Got all the chickens back outside being chickens again. Ruby was feeling a bit saucy and he and Rolly had a fight, so Rolly came in for a bit to separate them. Might soon be time for another rehoming. Rolly is a very nice boy to people but he isn’t meshing real well with the others. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Also got the new additions bathed and settled in for some quarantine time in the house. They’ve been dubbed Mr. and Mrs. Ball…Cotton and Snow 😆 The sat on me for over an hour while drying from their baths (I fell asleep!) and when I woke up, Cotton decided she needed to move and did this 😆 Mr. Ball was not a fan of our family game of charades and kept crowing 😆 It’s safe to say we (especially the husband) are all done with crowing roosters! 🤪

View attachment 3342097

View attachment 3342098
I just love your new Ball family❤️❤️❤️ I've never bought an adult chicken that was so cuddly like that pair. Heart and eye candy!

@TropicalBabies That's hard losing so many so close together. :hugs

I was going to take pictures today but forgot my phone and then got distracted by my gardens needs. Ended up picking all my cucs, melons and squash, then pulling the vines. It was the peafowls turn for garden treats so they got the vines. It was a sad, wimpy harvest...but we'll enjoy every bite. 😂🤤 Then I noticed how much the kale loved the rain the last couple days...they grew so much in two days! Think I need to make myself water more...lol. Picked a big bowl full for tomorrow's lunch. Kale salad tossed with a warm peanut dressing. 😋 Missed having my garden buddy yoko to help me harvest. He sure loved it when I turned the dirt at all.

The yokos are none the worse for their wet play yesterday. They got the scraps from cleaning a papaya and were running around enjoying today's sun. I even got to see a couple of the roos dance at each other and crow. My yokos are quiet birds so hearing them crows actually a treat. Of course, the minute one crows, all the little banty voices pitch in and drown out the poor yokos big voice 🤣

Just catching up today. I've been really busy over the last few days and haven't had any down time. Then it was my Uncle's funeral (5th close relative or friend in 12 months - bloody sick of it - no-one else die for a while please?). And I just didn't feel like doing much after that. Oh, and there's something going on with Ferdy's foot again.

On the plus side, Pru is laying again. I have no idea how she manages to lay them, they're the biggest bantam Cochin eggs I've seen. This is hers inbetween one of Penelope's (pretty big, about the size of a store bought 'medium' egg) and a store bought 'large' egg.

@tropical Babies, I'll PM you regarding dosage as I'm not qualified so I hate to think anyone's birds hurt by what i say. You are more than sensible enough to make the decision whether you want to take the risk using unqualified 'advice'.

So I said the green egg came from Diamond, but it was actually a different Easter Egger…Butterscotch. It throw me today because she was in a box. I thought well, I should know by the end of the day. She hasn’t shown ANY interest of the nest boxes. Not letting the cockerel get her, which I try to tell him that he isn’t all that and needs to be more romantic…he won’t listen though 🤣. Anyway it was her egg the other day. Diamond is still checking out the nest boxes though so maybe she will soon.
Buttercup is such a pretty lady, such a lovely colour. Definitely well named! Her eggs are the exact same shade my Gladys lays - when she starts again in the spring that is! And your new baby! Such a cutie! I want him! 😍 ❤️

View attachment 3342097

View attachment 3342098
They are a stunning new addition to the family! Not too sure how long they'll stay pristine white, judging my experiences with Ferdy and Penelope 🤣
I'm sorry to hear Asha is worse. Don't be too hasty stopping the Tetra too soon, it can take nearly a full course to show improvement. There's still hope, I'd say, if she's still eating. I'm keeping both of you in my thoughts :hugs ❤️ :hugs

Attachments

• 20221201_183338.jpg
    20221201_183338.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom