What did you do with your flock today?

What's funny is I was getting Miss Daisy out of the coop and all the boys were makin sure she was all good...and when Lizzie sang her egg song from the nest boxes in the run they all three perked up, growled like a mountain lions and took off!
I went back out and tried my darndest to keep Miss Daisy OUT of the coop and on the porch with all the others but even in the dark she bulldozed past all 7 others knocking them off the porch to get back to her beloved spot in the coop. She did have an egg under her when I first went out tonight so I confiscated that one!
Oh that would have been great to have seen!!! Just too funny! 🤣 🤣🤣

Ive done sourdough before. Im a huge fan of fermented foods. I love the frozen seed balls idea in that post ❤️ I always just dumped it in their treat bowl...now I feel like a mean momma! 🤣

Same here. I get attached too easy. I was raised with butchering, but the older I get the less stomach I have for it. I introduced goat cheese by growing nasturtiums and putting some cheese in the center with a tiny sprig of dill. The kids got such a kick out of eating their stuffed flowers...lol. It was instant love. If your kids like lasagna, maybe you could try making some with farmers cheese in place of the ricotta...that was hit with my kids too.

Growls! 🤣🤣🤣 Never thought of it that way but that's a good description! I just love how they puff up and turn fierce when they're brooding ❤️ We have one little girl brooding an empty nest right now too. Yay for Lizzie!

Hooray! Sounds like a lot of work, but very exciting ❤️
I very well may have to try all that! I normally do dates with cream cheese and bacon wrapped around it, for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Last year I decided to do it with goat cheese, which is what it is supposed to be made with anyway. I also made a cheese ball with goat cheese. Honestly though the kids always ask…is it goat cheese. In that winey voice of pure discussed. I tell them it is just cheese but them smell out my white lie. I’m not completely lying though, just not being specific.

I very well may have to try all that! I normally do dates with cream cheese and bacon wrapped around it, for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Last year I decided to do it with goat cheese, which is what it is supposed to be made with anyway. I also made a cheese ball with goat cheese. Honestly though the kids always ask…is it goat cheese. In that winey voice of pure discussed. I tell them it is just cheese but them smell out my white lie. I’m not completely lying though, just not being specific.
Gotta love clever kids don't you 🤣 It does have a distinct flavor...lol.

Good morning!
Good for you @Hip Hillbilly Farm ! More room is awesome. Sounds like your babies are getting big 😁

Congratulations on the new pair @kurby22 . They are very beautiful 😍

Has anyone seen Chicken People on Prime? My daughter told me about it and I had to search for it but definitely though it worth the watch 👍👍. Good clean watch for chicken people.

@Gammas Bearded Babies nice job on the layers. Sorry about the monster broodies 😂 @gbb & @fbm.

I've been up to my eyeballs in bags, outside x-mas decorating & basic chores.

We still have this Kona low bringing us deliciously blustery and cloudy weather. A little cool, a little rain after a few good down pours. Nice to have a change. I did not make it up to Koke'e to drop stand & bags as gal wanted things dropped at her place down the road from me. Chicken run needs some fresh mulch and I was hoping to grab a bunch when I went up the mountain to drop stand. Guess it is best I wait till after the winds dies a little but gotta be soon forsure. I catch a whiff every now and then that reminds me, soon.

I have been locking up birds in run and garden between 10-3. It has been working out well. Egg production is in the 11-14 per day except this weather has given them a few surprisingly lower days of 8.

My little home has become so much smaller with projects and now we have x-mas boxes to fill and ship. That and 5 cats weaving in and out of my legs everytime I go from point A to B it is a little comical. They aldo like to sleep ontop of my projects and remind me why I need to be so diligent with what I am doing. So much love.
20221121_115524.jpg

Ya know, I have seen no evidence of mice or rats in the run or garden for a year now.... 😸 not even at AJs. Pretty cool!

Well, today I am off early to go pick up bags from goat farmers and horse people along with a few friends with unusual bags who are happy to help. Taking along a few dozen eggs (4 horse and goat people) and a few finished bags to say thanks.

Really glad the flock is doing so well so I am not worried when leaving. Makes a huge difference in a person's day.
🌺Hope everyone's day is is terrific!
😁🤙

Good morning!
Good for you @Hip Hillbilly Farm ! More room is awesome. Sounds like your babies are getting big 😁

Congratulations on the new pair @kurby22 . They are very beautiful 😍

Has anyone seen Chicken People on Prime? My daughter told me about it and I had to search for it but definitely though it worth the watch 👍👍. Good clean watch for chicken people.

@Gammas Bearded Babies nice job on the layers. Sorry about the monster broodies 😂 @gbb & @fbm.
I haven’t seen Chicken People but I’m gonna look that up today. I have been in search of something good to watch on my “down” time. As in me folding laundry and watching tv. 🤣

Sorry, forgot for a bit @FrankieDoodle View attachment 3338752
I'm sure I have posted this b4. Spider at about 5 months I think. B4 he took over flock duties for sure. A byc gal painted and then let me buy. I asked her to do one of Cisco for dh's fathers day gift. I really enjoy her style and really glad she let me purchase from her.View attachment 3338757
Those are gorgeous! The details are incredible. 😍
Molly has changed a LOT in just a small while. Poor baby ♡ I'm so sorry for her and you. I really hope she has a turn around. Any luck posting on emergencies?
Thanks! No, unfortunately no one I talked to knew what was up with her. : ( but she’s still going strong, she likes to follow me around when I'm outside. She can’t successfully peck the others, but she can make herself scary enough so they leave her alone. She’s such a little weirdo, lol. <3
Poor Molly! At least she's eating well, which is always a good sign.

PopoMyers reply re the clotrimazole is sound advice. When we got Clara she had no head feathers and swollen, scaly skin. It looked a lot like really bad infant cradle cap. I applied clotrimazole twice daily (avoiding eyes of course) which cleared it up in a week and she had new pin feathers within two. You'd never know she'd been affected now. It might be worth a shot and it should'shouldn't do any harm.
Thanks for the suggestion @Popo & @Shetland ! I’ll look into that, see if I have it on hand. I know you said twice a day, but is there a specific amount/limit? Some of those topical meds only let you use a pea-sized amount per day so I want to make sure I don’t overdose her if I find some.
Beautiful boy. Very proud. I had a similar situation last week. It was only a voice call meeting but I could not get far enough away for the participants to not hear my rooster. And, of course, he stopped when the meeting was over.
He’s so handsome! I love his feathers! Is he a speckled Sussex?
So I said the green egg came from Diamond, but it was actually a different Easter Egger…Butterscotch. It throw me today because she was in a box. I thought well, I should know by the end of the day. She hasn’t shown ANY interest of the nest boxes. Not letting the cockerel get her, which I try to tell him that he isn’t all that and needs to be more romantic…he won’t listen though 🤣. Anyway it was her egg the other day. Diamond is still checking out the nest boxes though so maybe she will soon.
She’s so beautiful! She looks so soft! 😍

Fergus started laying the other day, a really nice olive egg. The first few had various degrees of speckles, but now she’s gotten a little more consistent. I love this girl. <3
37432891-1D6D-4EF1-99E2-6E9451838120.jpeg

Both are hers, the one on the right is a little wet.

Yesterday my boy woke up on the wrong side of the perch. I don’t know what was up with him, but he was being mean to his girlfriends and me, he bit me three times and left two pretty big marks. He’s always been such a sweetheart who wants nothing other than to be held, plus he’s an almost 5yo bird, so I don’t know what is up with that. He’s acting okay today (at the very least he’s nicer to his girls) but I haven’t stuck around to long to test my luck. For his sake he better chill out, cause he won’t like the alternative. :/

Back
Top Bottom