What did you do with your flock today?

Yeah we gave him a third...they all wanted either half up front. We have a contract...so guess we'll see.
I would not worry, he will show and all will be well and done very nicely and you will have a beautiful deck with an over hang. He is probably hung up somewhere.
You were smart to get referrals, a contract and only 1/3 down. Standard procedure and holds up in court which you will never have to go to 😉

I'm just really frustrated, mad and so disappointed in people!!!
I just wanna go off and live in the warmth of somewhere with my chickens!!!
Don't forget to add in the middle of a nature reserve 😂 Unfortunately disappointing people live in warm climates too. Hard to figure other peoples garbage 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ just gotta keep your side of the road as clean as you can and give thanks for what ya got. And warm is good but it is all a trade off ♡♡♡♡ chickens make everything better.

Well, dh is back on isle and I gotta say I am relieved and grateful as I was feeling a little pulled in too many directions. I like my rut and want to get back after it. Plus I really like him 99.9% of the time and as much as I love my silence, I love him more 🥰💕

Got back from town and started back up on bags and with the view from my sewing machine, enjoyed flocks antics.

Only 12 eggs today and one was broken and half eaten in the nestbox 😕 Welp, good time to change that nest material anyways right?! 2 beautiful blues today!

Little-littles all hanging out at the nest boxes making hen sounds now. Gal is coming to get her 2 this weekend I think. Though their rehoming will be sad for me DH has agreed to let me keep the last 2 little-littles and I will stop hatching, growing out, selling and dealing with all of that for a while and just enjoy my flock as is.

K. Gotta go tuck them in. I leave @Gammas Bearded Babies with this.
20230125_164447.jpg

Goofball Lovey next to a pot of bromeliads 💙

Last edited:
@Shetland lover glad it's just a molt!

I luv how creative you are!!!

Yall...I was raised ya don't say u gonna do something then not follow through with it!
That is the hardest thing to change once my health went downhill...I've always been a person of my word...til I couldn't.
It took me years of still trying to finally realize I was making myself worse because i couldnt say no or that I wasn't able to.
I still have a hard time not doing more than I should but...Yolo!
All that to say that I am so frustrated at not only the contractor we looked into and had good reviews...even have a contract with and still...no show!
Each day he says he's coming or he was on phone with the state about his licensing, etc. Always something or just nothing at all!
Then on top of that my husband's brother said he would help with moving our wrought-iron fencing...DH agreed to let him borrow money and then he's a no show!
I'm just really frustrated, mad and so disappointed in people!!!
I just wanna go off and live in the warmth of somewhere with my chickens!!!
If it's any consolation, Gammas Bearded Babies, we're still waiting for our bathroom contractor to show too. That's why I prefer my chickens. :hugs

No rats this morning.
Poor little Stan had a bad day with the ladies. First he tried it on with Penelope who turned the tables on him. She threw him off her back, jumped on his back and rode him like an unbroken colt 🤣. To say he was shell-shocked is an understatement!
Then he tried to sneak up behind Gladys while I was hand feeding her treats. She turned to look at him and I've never seen a more intense stink-eye. He backed off immediately (to be fair to Stanley, she does give him some very mixed messages).
He ran over to Dad (Ferdy) making his 'I'm not happy' whine. I swear if chickens could shrug their shoulders, Ferdy did - very much 'you win some, you lose some, kid' - so no sympathy there 🤣

No rats this morning.
Poor little Stan had a bad day with the ladies. First he tried it on with Penelope who turned the tables on him. She threw him off her back, jumped on his back and rode him like an unbroken colt 🤣. To say he was shell-shocked is an understatement!
Then he tried to sneak up behind Gladys while I was hand feeding her treats. She turned to look at him and I've never seen a more intense stink-eye. He backed off immediately (to be fair to Stanley, she does give him some very mixed messages).
He ran over to Dad (Ferdy) making his 'I'm not happy' whine. I swear if chickens could shrug their shoulders, Ferdy did - very much 'you win some, you lose some, kid' - so no sympathy there 🤣
That is too funny, chicken soapbox TV forsure! 🤣 Good on Penelope and Gladys. Way to teach baby Ferdy aka Stan some manners!

Back
Top Bottom