What did you do with your flock today?

Gave poopy butt Manono a bath today next to this hibiscus. Looks like it is smiling. View attachment 3389246
AND sold the ever so handsome BR x LB cockerel. Waiting on the people now. He gets to be the proud flock watcher of 15 RSL in an incredibly beautiful place. Good gig and they got a good boy!View attachment 3389260
Gorgeous hibiscus! If you gotta have a bath, that's a lovely place to have one 😍
Pity I'm allergic to it.
Congrats on selling the cockerel. Looks like he's fell on his feet there!

Well this won’t shock anyone…but I got a pair of bantam Cochins and some d’Uccles while here 😆😆

I couldn’t pass up the bobtails, as they are a color I have coveted for two years now! The d’Uccles are just gorgeous and healthy and from the breeder I got Millie so I know they are quality. I have a friend who is going to buy 2 of them from me so I’m not TOO crazy 🤪😆

There are 1932 birds at this show so we didn’t do AS well…Ruby took 5th…I didn’t have the time to get him as snazzed up as usual and he paled in comparison to the bird right next to him so I knew the competition was stiff! Mr. Ball got 3rd in his variety and Mrs. Ball didn’t place. She was one of about 25 white pullet Wyandottes! Jager, my best black d’Anver boy got Best of Variety in a competition of one 😆 and my self-blue dAnvers got Best and Reserve Variety in a competition of two! Haha. My bantam Ameraucanas got similar scores in similar competition. I like having varieties that aren’t common. It’s fun! I’m going to be testing the d’Anver fertility soon too, so maybe some babies to compete with soon!

I am SOOO tired though. We got here at 7:30 last night and were awake by 5 am this morning. Then we got here and did show prep and at 10 met up with our poultry project 4-H group and I helped them buy chickens, talked about showing and then we watched some showmanship. They were very excited young kids my daughter’s age so I enjoyed showing them around :) Was really fun but being extroverted is exhausting for me. Going home tonight with new birds and then driving back in the morning to get the show birds. Going to bed very early 😆 Thanks for the well wishes! ❤️
Congratulations! Your birds did brilliantly. Such a big show to compete in too! I haven't been to a poultry show since I was a kid, I just liked looking at all the different breeds. It was often the only way to see them in those days.
What's the poultry project 4-H group?

Sooo I’ve been awake way too long today…they are bobTAILS, not bobwhites 😆😆 My girl is only 3 months so she’s little but this is one of her sisters!
View attachment 3389526
She would show very well here. Lovely bustle with no clear definition between her neck and tail, yellow horn and great foot feathering. Is she just a youngster too? She looks like she could still fill out some. If your girl turns out as well, you've definitely got a show prospect.

Gorgeous hibiscus! If you gotta have a bath, that's a lovely place to have one 😍
Pity I'm allergic to it.
Congrats on selling the cockerel. Looks like he's fell on his feet there!
Man I'm so glad you posted this!!!
Somehow I missed the hibiscus post!!!
OMGeeze it is stunning @TropicalBabies !!!
And congrats on selling another dude!

Gave poopy butt Manono a bath today next to this hibiscus. Looks like it is smiling. View attachment 3389246
AND sold the ever so handsome BR x LB cockerel. Waiting on the people now. He gets to be the proud flock watcher of 15 RSL in an incredibly beautiful place. Good gig and they got a good boy!View attachment 3389260
That hibiscus is amazing 😍 I can almost smell them from here!

Yay for selling roosters! 🎉

She would show very well here. Lovely bustle with no clear definition between her neck and tail, yellow horn and great foot feathering. Is she just a youngster too? She looks like she could still fill out some. If your girl turns out as well, you've definitely got a show prospect.
Yeah I’d guess she’s around 6-7 months old. I’m really hoping my pair do as well! They’re the fanciest Cochins I’ve ever had and they would make the cutest babies! 🥰😍❤️

Congratulations! Your birds did brilliantly. Such a big show to compete in too! I haven't been to a poultry show since I was a kid, I just liked looking at all the different breeds. It was often the only way to see them in those days.
What's the poultry project 4-H group?
Yeah, it’s really nice having it so close to us! 4-H is a program here that kids get involved with if they want to learn about animals/work in agriculture with animals. It’s funded and supported through the Universities Extension offices. So the poultry project focuses on kids wanting to work with chickens (or other poultry). Our group is all kids my daughter’s age and they select their chicken for the year, they learn all about that breed, learn the anatomy of the chicken and study the SOP, and then they finish that year by going to the County Fair and showing both their bird, as well as their knowledge about their bird to a judge :) I’m a co-lead for the poultry project and this year there are about 6 kids so it’s a small but enthusiastic bunch. Great program and has given me a fun new hobby too! ☺️

I'm thrilled those guys showed up. Let's hope for sober minds when it's time for them to do layout lol
I'm excited for you and your big pile of lumber! Lots of potential and possibilities!!! ♡

Well, chicken people. I'm so flattered that you gals thought so highly of my nest boxes and their condition lol. Feel like I won an award🏆🐔 To be honest, their boxes are always pretty clean. Here, with sand loam, free nesting materials and nest boxes outside of the coop we do well. Clean eggs are FABULOUS.

In my new simplified life of no hatching & no new coop builds 😂 I am going to try and simplify even further. See if I can't sell my eggs and some bags at a farmers market this coming or next week. So, 1 day a week instead of dealing with late and no show people. I am in the 4 day process of collecting 4 dozen eggs for a guy I am 95% sure will not show up for his order and then give me some excuse to delay and so on. So, figure that is going to be my start and the added incentive to change. By Thursday I should have 7-8 dozen and that will be good. One week, one time, done. Refrigerate or give what I don't sell. If by some chance this guy actually shows up I will delay my FM rendezvous and just do recon on it to be prepared for the week after. Been thinking about this for awhile and am hoping for some chicken people feedback.

Other than that, still hustling with my bags. Doing yet another pick up of 18 spent bags with Boo this morning. Thinking back yesterday and remembering being a little excited and overwhelmed with 27-37 bags to sew. Now I have 100's of bags waiting for me to process and I'm not worried. Cool place to be.

K. Finally light enough to go play with my flock and do some chores.

🌺Happy Saturday all!!
My SIL in Wailua said that she pays $7 for a dz. You should be able to sell all of yours at $5, if at the Farmer's market. Time to chillax for you Simple is good.

Back
Top Bottom