What did you do with your flock today?

I have had some pretty sleepless nights lately so I’m sorry for not being on here and not knowing what is all going on with you all. I do want to give an update. I was able to hatch my friend 7 ducklings. 3 Black Bibbed, 2 Blue Bibbed, 2 Silver Appleyards. One of the Blue Bibbed has amazing coloring. It’s not ideal but she is just the cutest. I have dubbed myself Auntie. 😂

I managed to hatch all 5 of my call babies. I have more going in lockdown, along with hers in 2 days. I was also able to hatch 5 Cemani’s but one passed away. I hatched one that looks like a Maran but I know she isn’t because of the egg. So her daddy has to be the Cochin because she has feathered feet and only my Cochins, Maran, and Russians have feathered feet. I also managed to hatch a pure Pavlovskaya (Russian) baby. And one cute will Cochin. More are in lockdown of the chicks and should start hatching in the next day or so. 🤞

I hope everyone and their chickens are doing great! I will try to catch up as best as I can.
They are sooooo adorable! That first chick has a real "look at me World! I know I'm gorgeous" 😍 😍 😍

Are you rehoming Joey?
Yeah, space solves many chicken issues.
Well I was taking it as a sign since this person was in same town, needed roo and Christian lady that he would be I'm better hands and have his own flock with no competition. But guess it wasn't meant to be.
I luv the ole turd something awful. So I don't want to but...I also don't need 4 crowing all the time either.
Bluey is a gentle giant as far as bantams go...gorgeous but doesn't round up the flock like Joey does. And my oldest would be super upset if I did sell him cuz that's her son's chicken.
Then I got the Buff boys Hank and Sonny that I definitely need to keep for breeding project.
I'm really praying the new addition can help and they all settle down...even with the Buff boys raging teen hormones.

@TropicalBabies that royal wing bag! Gasp! Its gorgeous!!!
i hate u got another one not doin so well but atleast u got the calcium down her. I cant get it down Lizzy like i do Daisy for nothing. She acts as if she's hyperventilating when I try. So I'm just letting her be and trying to get calcium rich foods in her.
@FBMcrazy8 sleepless nights stink! But oh my at the house full of babies u got!!!
Ok the first pic is super floofy!!! I've never heard of a Russian chick is that it?

They are sooooo adorable! That first chick has a real "look at me World! I know I'm gorgeous" 😍 😍 😍
🤣 yes…that would be the Pavlovskaya. She is so FUNNY…”she” (no don’t know for sure) goes to the side with the big girls, I have them separated with wire (they had to have been older than my friend thought when I got them for my lonely Cemani). Anyway she is crafty and gets over there. The big girls huddle in a corner and she is standing they’re proud and wants so much to be with the big girls.
@TropicalBabies that royal wing bag! Gasp! Its gorgeous!!!
i hate u got another one not doin so well but atleast u got the calcium down her. I cant get it down Lizzy like i do Daisy for nothing. She acts as if she's hyperventilating when I try. So I'm just letting her be and trying to get calcium rich foods in her.
@FBMcrazy8 sleepless nights stink! But oh my at the house full of babies u got!!!
Ok the first pic is super floofy!!! I've never heard of a Russian chick is that it?
It is. It’s the Pavlovskaya chick. I call them Russians because it’s easier 😂

Well I was taking it as a sign since this person was in same town, needed roo and Christian lady that he would be I'm better hands and have his own flock with no competition. But guess it wasn't meant to be.
I luv the ole turd something awful. So I don't want to but...I also don't need 4 crowing all the time either.
Bluey is a gentle giant as far as bantams go...gorgeous but doesn't round up the flock like Joey does. And my oldest would be super upset if I did sell him cuz that's her son's chicken.
Then I got the Buff boys Hank and Sonny that I definitely need to keep for breeding project.
I'm really praying the new addition can help and they all settle down...even with the Buff boys raging teen hormones.
I know adding an addition will help. I just hope you can get it done soon! It sounds like it is a good solution for what you want to do

@FBMcrazy8 your babies are gorgeous and hard earned so even sweeter 🥰🥰🥰💕
@Gammas Bearded Babies maybe time to build a second coop 🤔😳😅

Joy was back with the gang yesterday but Lady Ruby & Ginger Mint both looked a little off last eve... I will check all my feeders etc for moldy feed because of the rains. Just seems there is something a little off and I had better find it b4 someone has serious troubles.
When the sun comes up I will add a little Mother's to their water and probiotic to some mash. See if that helps some bellies

Last edited:
O poor Darcy! Definitely best to keep those two roos separated. He's standing so he should heal up ok. Pretty boy looks exhausted.
I have seen broody hens get covered badly. Maybe her mom had them and passed them to her chicks if she was hatched via hen?

I'm glad she liked the Vaseline and I hope it helps. Tricky business chicks and bugs. She is lucky to have found you ♡♡♡
She was hen hatched. She's the only chick that survived at all if I understand correctly, and her mom suddenly died. I'll have to come up with a kind way of suggesting she clean her coops, nest boxes etc. Might offer to come help her...she's elderly and might be struggling to maintain things.
Oh no! That's awful!
She eating n drinking well?
U r definitely awesome for taking the lil one on!
She's eating like she might never get the chance again 🤣 She stuffs her crop so full it pokes out of her feathers like a big yellow ball!
So the 2 buff boys have been going at it...their necks so long they look like giraffes going round and round with their necks only lol.
But every now and then one of them pecks at Joey and I was blown away...he's the senior in there! But he is molting his year molt and looks rough in the tail feathers! He's down to 1 that is hanging on forever seems like and so many pin needles!
Joey took off after Hank and caught him and held him down. Similarly to what Joey did with Coco that time. Made me think he was trying to mate him but just holding em down. Hank definitely submitted even sat frozen after I got Joey off him.
I gotta get this addition done!
N the person coming to see Joey didn't show of course.
Aww. Hope the addition helps! Joey sounds like such a ham. Would be lovely if you find him a good home or a way to keep him. ❤️
Happy Monday all!
This morning the skies were semi clear and we were able to pick up our hay. Big load off of the head.View attachment 3438441View attachment 3438443Good quick unload. Ginger Mint looks pretty happy about the restock too.View attachment 3438426
Back to n the sewing table. Another friend sent me some beautiful bags and I finished one along with a few of the regularsView attachment 3438428
Got a surprise package! Now who could this be from?!! 🌵🌵🌵🏜🌵🌵🌵 😄🤙🌈💕View attachment 3438429
Most exciting! 💞 can't wait to find a home for those beautiful flowers- have a pretty good idea where they are going- and can't wait to start putting some of those awesome bags together! Just terrific!!! 🏵🏵🏵
Omg I love love love that royal wing bag!
Yes! Thank you! Today I fed them spinach! It’s the first time they’d eat anything besides chick feed!
Aww...bet they loved that ❤️ Are these your first chicks? If so, just want to make sure you know to offer them some fine grit along with the yummy treats!

@FBMcrazy8 your babies are gorgeous and hard earned so even sweeter 🥰🥰🥰💕
@Gammas Bearded Babies maybe time to build a second coop 🤔😳😅

Joy was back with the gang yesterday but Lady Ruby & Ginger Mint both looked a little off last eve... I will check all my feeders etc for moldy feed because of the rains. Just seems there is something a little off and I had better find it b4 someone has serious troubles.
When the sun comes up I will add a little Mother's to their water and probiotic to some mash. See if that helps some bellies
Lucky chickens to have such an observant momma! I've always hated how hot and dry we are here...but gotta say it makes my chicken duties easier. Hope you find what's off, but know they're in good hands.

Lucky chickens to have such an observant momma! I've always hated how hot and dry we are here...but gotta say it makes my chicken duties easier. Hope you find what's off, but know they're in good hands.
My containers are supposed to be water tight but is there really such a thing lol?

I won't complain about the rain but will complain about the mosquitos 😂🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟😭

Back
Top Bottom