What did you do with your flock today?

It’s the vaccine for Mycoplasma gallisepticum. I vaccinate all my chicks now for it, because I unknowingly brought a chicken in 2 years ago that had it and lost several birds from it. I haven’t lost one over MG since, and Nohope tested negative for it so it seems to be working! Just hard to vaccinate tiny chicks, their bodies are so fragile! 😫
So sorry about your little chicks. Do you have someone to help you hold them while you do the shot? I know I read it can be done solo but I find that impossible. Hope everything turns out ok 🙏

I done a lot with my flock yesterday!
My back is telling me about it this morning. 🤣
I cleaned the duck tank filled it up with water, done some cleaning in the run and duck house spread some straw out and got everything duckling safe for the new babies. View attachment 2128642View attachment 2128643
Mama looks like she's about to loose it with the human being so close to her babes. 😁

So sorry about your little chicks. Do you have someone to help you hold them while you do the shot? I know I read it can be done solo but I find that impossible. Hope everything turns out ok 🙏
Yeah, I am really hoping the one with wry neck is a temporary scenario due to swelling or irritation. It's eating and drinking and yelling fine, so I have hope. As long as it doesn't get worse. Aria helped me hold them, but they're slippery little buggers! The other little baby appears to be a lost cause. He is not getting better and I may need to cull it myself :(

Good morning & Happy 🌺 Aloha Friday!!
It is an amazing morning here. Lots to do and look forward to today.
Though, chickens got grounded to the run cuz DH was grumpy.
20230602_060502.jpg

Good thing DH sleeps in and i have my mornings ♡♡♡ Mochi's big accomplishment- Up the avo tree onto the arbor and then back down, all by himself!!
20230602_070548.jpg
20230602_071253.jpg

Yesterday was the orange tree
20230601_055237.jpg
20230531_080549.jpg

Such a sweet boy and terrific accomplishment because of his sight impairment ♡♡♡
With Mo'o gone ☹😿 I have my funny family back. Forest and Mango had a 30 minute play session in the living room this morning. And my bag station has been re-taken over by Marley, Forest and Mochi. All is well. Zoom in👇
20230602_064831.jpg

Well, I had better get busy. Bag orders to fill and trapping kitties this eve and late into the night. Have a terrific day all!!!

Attachments

• 20230602_071257.jpg
    20230602_071257.jpg
    728.9 KB · Views: 3
We are going to add shavings to the coop floor this evening. On Fridays, we take my 93-year-old dad to estate sales. He lives with us. He's very healthy, takes no prescription medications, hand-sews beautiful handbags, and makes designer boxes for a hobby. He gives all of them away. Because we take him out each week for sales, we get pretty much nothing done otherwise.

When we got home, I did manage to install my coop cam. It's motion-activated, spins 350-degrees, has a flashing light, an audible warning, and an alarm when it senses motion. It will take me a few days to massage the settings for optimum performance, but it works great.

Oh, and I managed to get stung by a bee too. Such is life.

We didn't get any eggs today, though, and that is disappointing. I thought we'd get at least two or three each day. Maybe it'll take a while for them to get acclimated to their new home.

Today I went out and gave my girls some food. I started looking around and realized that the sunflower seeds that I dropped are sprouting. Good news for my girls. Then I thought they were getting hot (Northern California), so I put some water in the run for them to play with. They seem to really enjoy the water on the ground. That's about all for now.

Good morning & Happy 🌺 Aloha Friday!!
It is an amazing morning here. Lots to do and look forward to today.
Though, chickens got grounded to the run cuz DH was grumpy.
View attachment 3526795
Good thing DH sleeps in and i have my mornings ♡♡♡ Mochi's big accomplishment- Up the avo tree onto the arbor and then back down, all by himself!!View attachment 3526804View attachment 3526808
Yesterday was the orange treeView attachment 3526801View attachment 3526809
Such a sweet boy and terrific accomplishment because of his sight impairment ♡♡♡
With Mo'o gone ☹😿 I have my funny family back. Forest and Mango had a 30 minute play session in the living room this morning. And my bag station has been re-taken over by Marley, Forest and Mochi. All is well. Zoom in👇 View attachment 3526819
Well, I had better get busy. Bag orders to fill and trapping kitties this eve and late into the night. Have a terrific day all!!!
Those chickens look like they have just been let out of jail 😂. The cat looks like the guardian of them. That's sweet.

I bought a bag of feed at the local hardware store today. X-Cel brand, non-medicated chick/grower crumbles. 20% protein, which is good and only $20 bucks a 50# bag. My barred rocks seemed to grow at a good pace eating up the last bag, so I think it's good feed.

I've been getting my pair of black copper Marans roos acclimated to being around me. I sit with them, drink a beer, feed them dandelions and scrambled eggs. They're still kind of skittish around me, but they're slowly coming around.

Bought a 150' roll of 18" tall, 1" hex chicken wire today. Going to run a low chicken fence around my garden area, then run several strands of electric fence over that for the deer. I think the chickens will see the electric strands as a barrier to trying to fly over the chicken wire. I hope.

Other than that, I didn't have the time to let the pullets run in the yard today. I might do that a little later. The definitely enjoy their occasional freedom from the run! And they deserve it, too. I'm cooking some pork chops, and they haven't sampled that yet, but I bet they'll like it.

Sorry, Bella was my 95yo, very ill, mother in law. Lovely lady ♡, but passing was a blessing in her case. She is at peace, with our father, her husband and other loved ones. Good woman 🙏
I know I sounded very cavalier and cold. I apologize. I'm just a crusty old broad 🤦‍♀️
So very sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom