What did you do with your flock today?

Hard but rewarding work! I like the size of that new one...it looks good. Did your birds go right in or did you have to show them that it's their new bedroom?
They went right in! They all seemed very excited! Especially Duchess, my Satin. She was poking around the whole time we were working on it and snuggled right down in a nesting box when we got done 😆 The Bobtails did too! Was like, YAY more space! 😆

They went right in! They all seemed very excited! Especially Duchess, my Satin. She was poking around the whole time we were working on it and snuggled right down in a nesting box when we got done 😆 The Bobtails did too! Was like, YAY more space! 😆
O that's wonderful! Gotta love it when your birds show their approval of your work ♥️ I have a kitten trying to help me type so I better be brief...😂. How's your maybe dun baby doing? I'm so curious how it'll grow up!

Today was an exhausting day! We decided to bite the bullet and FINALLY put together my Christmas coop. It’s been sitting on a giant pallet in our driveway for 4 months! The rain finally gave us a dry Sunday that wasn’t also hot, so we took it. The biggest workload wasn’t the coop but all the prep and moving of the old coops. We started at noon and didn’t finish till 7. With the fence being removed the bantams had a great time adventuring and finding new dust bathing spots! Especially the three teens I put in the bantam run last week! They’re three amigas! 😍

This is the new bigger and roomier coop for the bantams:
View attachment 3801808
View attachment 3801809

Once we had the new Red Barn coop finished, we moved the old red barn coop that’s much smaller and gave it to the bobtails! Finally got to retire the Eglu Go coop that the rats ate several holes through that barely had room for the three of them at night and was inside their run. Now they have three times the space, real nesting boxes, an auto door that works, a place for their food, and it’s outside the run so they now have twice the run space! Very happy chickens, very tired people! Kids helped a lot, even if half the time they were yelled at about something 😒🥴
Happy Chicks!!!

Our babies are ready to go outside! We cleaned out the coop today and will be moving them in tomorrow. I installed plastic dipped hardware cloth on the entire floor! Sprayed for bugs, put diatomaceous earth down every where, new bedding! It got kind of late so we decided to wait till the morning to move them. I have the door to go outside and nesting boxes closed off. We are going to leave them inside the coop for a few days before we let them into the run.

Attachments

• IMG_5962.jpeg
    IMG_5962.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 2
Poor Stan needs a new lover to court! It’s so hard when they lose their partner. ❤️ Ferdy is a good boy, he’ll forgive you!
Stan is so desperate he tidbitted my nearly hand-tame, wild blackbird yesterday! Three problems I can see with that: Babybird (my blackbird friend) is the wrong spieces, he's male and he's already taken - he has a lovely partner brooding in the jasmine outside my office window. Still, kudos for trying Stanley 🤣
Ferdy is my best boy and has a generous spirit - as I was reminded yesterday when he tried to stuff several live mealworm in my mouth :sick

Today was an exhausting day! We decided to bite the bullet and FINALLY put together my Christmas coop. It’s been sitting on a giant pallet in our driveway for 4 months! The rain finally gave us a dry Sunday that wasn’t also hot, so we took it. The biggest workload wasn’t the coop but all the prep and moving of the old coops. We started at noon and didn’t finish till 7. With the fence being removed the bantams had a great time adventuring and finding new dust bathing spots! Especially the three teens I put in the bantam run last week! They’re three amigas! 😍

This is the new bigger and roomier coop for the bantams:
View attachment 3801808
View attachment 3801809

Once we had the new Red Barn coop finished, we moved the old red barn coop that’s much smaller and gave it to the bobtails! Finally got to retire the Eglu Go coop that the rats ate several holes through that barely had room for the three of them at night and was inside their run. Now they have three times the space, real nesting boxes, an auto door that works, a place for their food, and it’s outside the run so they now have twice the run space! Very happy chickens, very tired people! Kids helped a lot, even if half the time they were yelled at about something 😒🥴
Oh wow, it looks amazing! Definitely worth the hard work! The boys and girls look more than happy with their new accommodation and more space to roam 🥰

O poor babies! A pity you can't offer him a stuffed animal to relieve his needs eh 😂
Brilliant idea! 😂
Now why didn't I think of that? That's exactly what I did with his granddad Sylv when he had unrequited urges and took out his needs on my bare feet. Just have to make sure it's not purple, he'd run a mile! 🤣🤣🤣

I did not much but feed them and gather eggs as I've been fighting a migraine all day . I did turn on their fans though. I don't like it when I don't get to visit much lol they are definitely more pet than livestock
Hope your migraine is better and didn't linger. They are the worst😫

Back
Top Bottom