What did you do with your flock today?

My little Chihuahua woke me up to go potty so I'm sleepily catching up while I wait for him 😄
Quick pictures...my water iris is roof high this year! It never gets this tall in our pond...think the horse and goat do more damage than I'd realized!
1000010495.jpg

And a new tiny serama chick a friend brought me today. It's got baby fuzz like Biscotti did with the skin showing through. Cutest micro chick you've ever seen. I'll have to get better pictures but baby was cold so gotta keep it warm while the brooder heats
1000010500.jpg

I picked up a box of produce at the store today, but it wasn't the best. No greens of any kind, so the chickens got some apples and tomatoes. And even an orange that I cut into quarters. Oh yeah, and a couple pounds of fresh strawberries.

They don't like the strawberries much at all, but they'll get ground into the compost and make it better.
My chickens would kill for strawberries!

I pick wild strawberries and risk losing my fingers when I feed them to the flock. ;)

I fed my chicks scrambled eggs inside their brooder, and the rest of the flock tried to break down the door!

They finally gave up, except Hannah.
IMG_20240418_171026295.jpg

Chicks are much more independent, and my little chick that was pecked and left for dead was so much better today. She didn't cry all the time, was able to keep up with her hatchmates, but did take a quick nap at one point...
IMG_20240418_171543569~3.jpg

I'm so pleased that she (?) is doing better.

Martha is a wonderful mother.
IMG_20240418_165604306~2.jpg

I fed my chicks scrambled eggs inside their brooder, and the rest of the flock tried to break down the door!

They finally gave up, except Hannah.
View attachment 3805261

Chicks are much more independent, and my little chick that was pecked and left for dead was so much better today. She didn't cry all the time, was able to keep up with her hatchmates, but did take a quick nap at one point...
View attachment 3805263
I'm so pleased that she (?) is doing better.

Martha is a wonderful mother.
View attachment 3805266
Really good job with that baby pen. They look so happy and safe ♥️

Here's better pictures of the serama chick. So tiny! I have no idea what a proper serama chick looks like for size...but this babies so small! The lady said this is not an exceptionally small chick for her birds too. Amazing. I should have added a quarter at it's feet too for better sense of scale.
1000010511.jpg
1000010513.jpg
1000010517.jpg

Back
Top Bottom