What did you give your chickies today?

I've been picking "chickweed" from the yard and giving it them them daily. I also have been giving them old veggie scraps from the fridge… wilted lettuce leaves, lettuce cores, cucumber peels, etc.

Hennotrooster. Be careful
hide.gif
I starter with 4 Hens that were given to me then neighbors asked for my eggs.I have 100 grown and just got 50 more. But because I am blessed to have some acerage and I farm I do grow for them to cut my feed costs down. Here everything is shipped and I pay 23 for 50 lbs of layer feed. I do not call them pets but they are my girls. We do share with each coop as I have them split into small groups in chk tractors that I move around the farm. I go to market and sell out in 2 hours. I got more chicks so I can stay at market longer I hate saying I am sold out. People here want fresh eggs as all our store eggs are shipped and coated with mineral oil or some oil. I do love to see return customers and I do enjoy the hens. I just realized that if I want a vacation I now need to pay someone to care for the girls. So today I will feed the girls some old lettuce, pasta and some noni that dropped off the tree. I do not feed my hens onion or avocados.
I had to look up noni. It said it was a fruit grown in the pacific islands. That explains the shipping costs!! Which island? I know u posted like a year ago, I hope u see this. :). --Carrie

Back
Top Bottom