What do get when you mix these chickens? It's hatching...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 202roosterlane, Oct 22, 2011.

1. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    This is daddy [​IMG]

and this is Momma [​IMG].

The egg was about as round as a quarter or smaller. Just one of those tiny little eggs! [​IMG] I have two more in the bator but are not due to hatch 2 November. I heat it chirping again. [​IMG] It is about 1/2 cracked open. It may be a few more hours. (Or just a few minutes) [​IMG] [​IMG]

He has his Millie Fleur D'Uccle hen but she is way to young to mate. So I put a lonely brown/red frizzle bantam with him. They produced 7 eggs so far. The first 3 were not fertilized. This looks like he will hatch just fine and hopefully the other two will make it! Either way they will be small and adorable!!!! Will post pics soon. Does anyone else have a mix chicken of these breeds? How did they turn out? Thanks

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  2. foxypoproxy

foxypoproxy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Madison, CT
    Wow i'm not sure.
    But they will definitely be some really pretty babies!

3. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Oh, I cant wait to see!

4. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    Well Mizzle broke out of her shell 30 or more minutes ago. It is so tiny. I left "her" in there to dry but she kept kicking and like rocking back and forth. Then I realized she had a chunk of shell on her. So I took her out for like 20 seconds. Got the shell off and snapped this pick. Sorry but I had to get her back in as quickly as possible. From what I can tell she is booted seems to have a light eye liner. I don't see curling but she is not dry by any means. But she smells like urine. Ugh I hope that disappears when she dries.

It will be interesting to see if she has the Millie Fleur D'Uccle spots ! ♥ Or the beard [​IMG] I am just super excited that this egg made it after I had to throw out the other 3. I hope the next two make it too! Will post more pics when she is dry . [​IMG]

I am calling her Mizzle for Millie and Frizzle. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  5. PixieChixie

PixieChixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    Ooh, excited to see! They will be funny little fluffers!

6. foxypoproxy

foxypoproxy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Madison, CT
    Quote:Its so adorable!
    Can't wait to see what it looks like dry :eek:!

7. spunkychickenmomma

spunkychickenmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    Morris, OK
    I have 2 chicks that just hatched that are a cross between my Mille Fleur hen and my banty easter egger rooster. They look like my Mille Fleur hen when she was the same age. They have feathered feet with slate blue legs. Beauties!

8. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    How Cute - Can't wait to see her "fluffy" pic.. [​IMG]

9. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    How cute!

Fluff pic! We need a fluff pic! [​IMG]

10. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    ok well, i can say from having some mixed bantams hatch in the last few days, muff/beard passes on, feathered feet pass on... so she'll likely have both of those.

my chicks are... (id'd by the egg color/shape, each hens' eggs are unique to the others, and color of the chick tells me the poppa...)

2 @ black japanese roo x silver duckwing oegb hen = think they'll both be black, and boy are they TEENY!
    2 @ black jap. x dark brahma = black, feathered feet
    3 @ blue crele oegb roo x quail d'anvers = blue/silver duckwing pattern, pretty sure they're barred too, muffed and bearded too.
    1 @ sultan x silver duckwing oegb = white, feathered feet, bearded / muffed, 5 toes. so far looks like a sultan chick. but i don't have a sultan hen so i know nobody snuck in an egg...

we'll see what my other 9 eggs turn out to be later this week. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by