what do i do!?!? little kitten- *UPDATE PICS*

I agree with redhen...when I brought a new animal home one time (can't even remember which one it was now), my DH said "I told you I didn't want any more dogs/cats!!!" I just looked at him & said "Awwww...you're so cute, thinking you have any say-so in the matter!"
tongue2.gif

Now he knows better & only rolls his eyes.

oh ok, here you go, here is what you do and it works for me.

Honey, can you hold the cat while I get her some water and feed please since you don't want her roaming the house. Then take a while. Go back to get her and of course he will not let you have her because he looked into those cute little eyes and the cat purred. LOL
lau.gif
gig.gif

Nice plan!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, i am hoping the little booger cuddles up to him, and he will fall in love! thats totally the plan. i can understand where he is coming from though, we already have two cats in a 800 sq ft. house. haha, i wouldnt mid another, but the poor guy has said yes to 6 chickens and 2 goats this year already. if i cant find a suitable adopter, then i will fix her, and she can live in my barn, not the house. which is what i would like to happen. but ohhhh we will see. i will take pics after i give her a bath so you guys can see.

Quote:
Does she still need milk. If you already have 2 cats see how they react to her. If one of your cats is a female, she might just likely take the kitten as her own and come into milk. We had a .......Yes I am serious......cockapoo female, never had a litter in her life come in with milk and nurse a approx 3 week old kitten till it was time to wean. It was the most hilarious sweetest thing you could see. !!

Bless you for being so caring. I am always the one to take in sick or unwanted animals. Of course this is why we are broke and still spend almost as much to feed animals as ourselves! But that is beside the point. I am not sure if you have ever cared for a kitten this young. So please forgive me if I am telling you something you already know. I only mean to help. If the baby is truly only a month or so old it may still need to nurse. You can do this with a eye dropper or small medicine suringe. You can buy KMR at a vet but it is exspensive. I make my own kitten milk replacer(KMR). The recipe is as follows. I learned this on here so Thank you to whomever shared it with me.
2 cups milk
1 tsp corn syrup
pinch salt
1 egg yolk
Warm it up a little. Also make sure she/he is going to the bathroom on his/her own. If not you need to help her. You just rub the area gentley with a warm cloth. We had a litter of week old kittens Mom decided she wasn't going to feed any more. Well hubby said no they could not come in the house. So every few hours through the day AND night I walked across our property over to the Kitty coop with a flash light to nurse and potty babies! A friend of my husbands said "You know if you forget for a day or 2 you won't have to worry about it any more". How awful is that! Now they are all healthy and happy and looking for homes. Good luck with what ever you do. That kitten is lucky you found it.

Quote:
Does she still need milk. If you already have 2 cats see how they react to her. If one of your cats is a female, she might just likely take the kitten as her own and come into milk. We had a .......Yes I am serious......cockapoo female, never had a litter in her life come in with milk and nurse a approx 3 week old kitten till it was time to wean. It was the most hilarious sweetest thing you could see. !!

Now that I need a picture of!
Seriously, I think you can swing this. It takes more than being fed up with the influx of animals to say no to a purring kitten. When you come home to find him goo-goo talking her, you'll know it is done.

she ate solid food when i presented it to her this morning, but i think i will try to give her alittle bit of goat milk later, that stuff is good for feeding anything! i have raised little ones before, so i at least have a good idea. i will keep that kitten milk recipe though! thanks! i would say you could butter me up and call me a biscuit if my cats tried to nurse her though!!! haha!! they are both female, but fixed, can they still milk? the cockapoo story is cute though!!!

Back
Top Bottom