What do I do now ????

Discussion in 'Geese' started by kmsek, Dec 19, 2012.

1. kmsek

kmsek Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2011
    N Fla
    Hatched a baby goose ( don't know what kind) 2 weeks ago this sunday its a single when can it go outside ?? i have always raised chickens ,quail etc nothing with webbed feet any info would be great ..

2. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    Since there is only one single baby goose he will need to be watched over he is too young to fend for himself... I would put him in a fenced area where it can not get into trouble. Plus make sure the baby has plenty of water so he can clean his nostrils out but can not drowned in it.The gosling might be too young still to let in a pool too long. Plus need to be dry not to catch cold. Also a baby pool for the baby to swim in. They love to play in pools to clean them selfs. Make sure baby gets plenty of grass that is their main diet is grass and a waterfowl growth feed. If you have some fencing you can make a spot that moves so you can keep the baby moving on grass. Plus make a top so nothing can get into it while you are not watching.

I know I do not leave my goslings alone due to predators.I will take them out to play and get exercise but will bring them in at night into their pen shut up from predators.
    Hope this helps some.

3. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by