What do I do?

JadeFarms

🙄🤚 Loving life 💜
May 3, 2019
Florida
My neighbor is making a bunch of problems. He has 14 rooster and 1 hen living together. They have MG, they got my chicken sick, and I had to cull him. Also, he doesn’t feed them every day (nor does he feed his 4 cats or hog). He has gotten my neighbors ducks sick too, and the 2 ducks got so bad, they died. So, I don’t know what to do.

My neighbor is making a bunch of problems. He has 14 rooster and 1 hen living together. They have MG, they got my chicken sick, and I had to cull him. Also, he doesn’t feed them every day (nor does he feed his 4 cats or hog). He has gotten my neighbors ducks sick too, and the 2 ducks got so bad, they died. So, I don’t know what to do.

I'm sorry for your loss.

How do you know the neighbor's chicken's have MG? Was there testing?

MG is fairly common and it can be transmitted easily from a number of places including your own clothes/shoes, from wildlife and wild birds.

Does your neighbor's chickens free range? They may be finding enough forage without having to be fed every day - some folks only supplement with feed as needed.

What did he do to get the Ducks sick? Does he have Ducks as well?

How do you know he's not feeding the cat or hog?

I'm sorry for your loss.

How do you know the neighbor's chicken's have MG? Was there testing?

MG is fairly common and it can be transmitted easily from a number of places including your own clothes/shoes, from wildlife and wild birds.

Does your neighbor's chickens free range? They may be finding enough forage without having to be fed every day - some folks only supplement with feed as needed.

What did he do to get the Ducks sick? Does he have Ducks as well?

How do you know he's not feeding the cat or hog?
I trap tegus, and I accidentally caught a couple of their chickens, and they had it. He does not live there, he barely comes over, and a girl that halfway lives with them tells me. The chickens are free range, but I am more worried about the cats and hog.

The ducks are the neighbors.

Perhaps Mom or Dad can talk to the neighbor about the cats and hog?
I understand you are concerned, it would be best to first address the neighbor personally about them.

Perhaps Mom or Dad can talk to the neighbor about the cats and hog?
I understand you are concerned, it would be best to first address the neighbor personally about them.
Ok, thanks. I said to my friend they were sick, and she told him how I know and all, but he does not do anything about it.

Ok, thanks. I said to my friend they were sick, and she told him how I know and all, but he does not do anything about it.
What do you want him to do? Cull them all and start over?
There is no cure for MG. Symptoms can sometimes be "managed" with medication, but birds are still contagious even when asymptomatic and are carriers for life.

So you looked at this bird and knew it had MG, without any lab testing?

If this guy is breaking some law, yes report him....or have your parents do it if you are a minor.

Why are you trapping lizards? Is that legal? What do you do with them?
Yes I am in fl, and this is legal. They showed a few signs of MG.

Back
Top Bottom