What do i do?

Ok, crazy question...what is the best way to get rid of the blood after you kull a chicken? I have watched videos and read posts but no one has any postings.
If the blood is on the ground, maybe run a lot of water to help it soak in.

If it's on anything washable (clothing, wood surface, plastic or glass surface, etc), wash with cool water and maybe some soap or scrubbing or both.

Where is the blood? Is it in a bucket by itself, mixed with something else, or on the ground? What do you do with the parts you don't use, the intestines, feathers, and such? What kind of area do you live so we might have an idea of your options? Can you bury it or do you have to depend on trash pickup?

When I butcher I use the hatchet and stump method so the blood drains on the ground. My chickens are secured so it hasn't been a problem attracting coyotes and such to the general area. I bury the offal, either in my fenced garden where dogs and coyotes can't get to it or in my orchard. When I bury it in the orchard I put sections of wire fencing over it weighted down with pavers so critters can't dig it up. I've had more problems with dogs than coyotes butt he fencing over it works for me.

what is the best way to get rid of the blood after you kull a chicken?
I have a trash bag in a 5 gallon bucket under my kill cone. The head of the chicken coming out of the kill cone is close to the 5 gallon bucket and I have a small cross piece of wood behind the base of the kill cone where I hang my trash bag, so blood doesn't go all over the place. I throw this bag in with the chicken gut bag and freeze it until rubbish day.
The blood in the bag is firm like jello, its not runny like water after it sits for a few minutes in the bucket.

Personally, I plan on setting up my workspace over a future garden bed. My thought is that the blood will feed up the land and then I can grow some food there after a month or two of decomposition. I haven't actually done this yet, so currently unsure about smell or predator attraction. Any other non-edible parts will likely be burnt and scattered around the area too.

Back
Top Bottom