WHAT DO I DO???

solinopedo

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 17, 2014
Sydney australia
Help i have a broody chicken with her two youngs of three weeks old. As soon as they joined the rest the head chicken decided to become broody. Stop laying eggs, does not sit in the nest just follow the mother and the youngs what to i do to stop her?

There are several articles on BYC with different methods to stop broody hens. I don't have the link right now, but I'm sure if you looked it up on the search area above the thread you could find it. Welcome to BYC and I hope all goes well!

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

images

Welcome to BYC!

X3 I would separate this broody from the mother and her chicks for a while. If you have to, keep this broody completely out of sight of the coop and other birds for about 3 days. I have tried many methods to break a broody and sometimes if they are determined enough, it is nearly impossible. But definitely do your best to keep her away from the momma and babies.

Good luck with your flock and welcome to ours!

Thank you all for the advice. I just went and bought 4 new babies just born today and try to make my broody take them under the care hopefully it will work

Back
Top Bottom