What do i feed my ducklings through life?

A lot of us feed our mixed flocks an "all flock" feed or "flock raiser". Each of those can be fed through their whole life.

If you have only ducks, they do make a duck pellet food, specially formulated with all the nutrients ducks need.
Thanks, I'll look online for duck pellet food.

Thanks for all the help on what to feed them. Does anyone have experience in ordering ducklings online? If so what sites would be better for smaller orders? I'm only looking for 4-6 right now but hopefully a few more down the line.

Thanks for all the help on what to feed them. Does anyone have experience in ordering ducklings online? If so what sites would be better for smaller orders? I'm only looking for 4-6 right now but hopefully a few more down the line.

Yes, I've ordered quite a few birds online, My tips, order from a hatchery close to you, buy the gro-gel food , so the babies can eat during shipment, buy them when the weather is not too hot or cold in your area. Follow all of those and you should get the ducklings intact, there is always the chance they they may get mishandled during shipment though. Metzer's minimum order is two i believe.

Thanks, I'll look online for duck pellet food.
If you find it on amazon it's $48 for a 40lb bag!!! TSC sells the exact same bag for $16.99! or they sell the little 5lb bags for $5.99 which ends costing $48 if you buy 8 bags to equal the 40 lbs. So really push TSC to get the big bags in. I did and it finally worked. Took a long time and a lot of nagging but it's worth it.

If you find it on amazon it's $48 for a 40lb bag!!! TSC sells the exact same bag for $16.99! or they sell the little 5lb bags for $5.99 which ends costing $48 if you buy 8 bags to equal the 40 lbs. So really push TSC to get the big bags in. I did and it finally worked. Took a long time and a lot of nagging but it's worth it.
Yeah, hopefully, I can get down to mine this weekend and see if they have any big bags.

Yes, I've ordered quite a few birds online, My tips, order from a hatchery close to you, buy the gro-gel food , so the babies can eat during shipment, buy them when the weather is not too hot or cold in your area. Follow all of those and you should get the ducklings intact, there is always the chance they they may get mishandled during shipment though. Metzer's minimum order is two i believe.
Thanks, ill try and find some near me. I'll check out Metzer in a little while and see how close they are to me. Thanks so much.

Back
Top Bottom