What do I have?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kuhnse51, Sep 19, 2014.

1. kuhnse51

kuhnse51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2014
    Just received this little one yesterday morning from meyer. Any ideas to what it is...could it be a turkey or is it definitely some kind of chicken?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  2. It's a chicken for sure! I'm not sure of what breed, though. What breeds did you order?

3. KNelly

KNelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2014
    Looks like my Wyandotte chick.

4. kuhnse51

Aug 19, 2014
    I ordered the Leann's adopt me bargain from Meyer so it could be anything they have at the hatchery. I asked for them to include a turkey if they could so thats why I was wondering if it might be.

5. Is it taller than the other chicks?

6. kuhnse51

Aug 19, 2014
    It's the same size as the other bigger chicks in the group. Knelly, what kind of wyandotte do you have? It does kinf of look like either a gold or silver lace wyandotte!

7. KNelly

Sep 2, 2014
    I have a silver laced that is grey and black chipmunk striped and a golden laced that is black and brown chipmunk striped with gold specks near her eyes. Yours looks like waffles our golden laced though.

8. kuhnse51

Aug 19, 2014
    Haha I like the name! Thanks

9. kiweed

kiweed Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Murfreesboro TN
    [​IMG]
    This is golf ball a buff silkie. She is about 4 weeks in this picture. Many chicks share that coloring so it's hard to tell.

10. KNelly

Sep 2, 2014
    Haha thanks. I was craving chicken and waffles when we got her so it seemed appropriate at the time ha. If you wait a week or so her feathers will start coming in on her wings. If she is a laced you will be able to tell by their distinct markings onthem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by