What do i need for raising peachicks?

isuperman35

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 21, 2013
I am getting two peachicks next month (between 1 week old-1 month old depending on when I can meet breeder). I have had a lot of success raising baby chicks. Is there a difference raising a peachick? Can I use the same chick starter feed, chick feeder, and chick waterer? Or do i need to look for items more specific to peachicks?

What supplies do I need?

Does anyone recommend using a motherly chicken hen to stay with the peachicks or just keep separate?

Just want to be ready to care for my new peachicks!!

welcome-byc.gif
those are good questions to ask the breeder. It's good to keep continuity of care, same food, etc. at least in the beginning to avoid upsets. BYC has threads on peacocks and they would be able to answer your questions also.

It's smart that you want to know ahead of time - then you will be prepared and able to enjoy your peas instead of worrying.. You could put "Peacock thread" in the search box and some should pop up for you.

Two more questions....

What is the definition of a yearling...Is it a chick around/over one year old as it sounds?

How long until peachick "fully feathered"?

Breeder said she keeps them off ground until they are a yearling and keeps light or heat on them until they are fully feathered....Just want to make sure I am understanding her directions clearly

Back
Top Bottom