What do I NEED from Cutler besides incubator? Calling all enablers!!

happydog

Songster
10 Years
Nov 22, 2009
Western NC
I'm (finally!!) getting the Genesis 1588 from Cutler Supply. I want to hatch all different size eggs, from quail to goose. So I got the combo turner for chicken and quail eggs, and the goose racks.

What about the Cool-Lite Candler, is that a good thing to have or is there a better option elsewhere?

Should I go ahead and get some Chick Shipping Boxes? That seems like the next logical step if you're going to start hatching eggs, right?

Anything else that I'm missing, that I need, or that you'd recommend? Might as well get it now and pay for shipping all at once.
wink.png

Thanks!!

Leg bands! Cutler is where I order my bandettes from. I wouldn't bother with the candler, I just use a mini mag lite, and it works awesome, but up to you.
wink.png
If you intend to ship chicks, they yes, chick shipping boxes would be logical.
wink.png

I have 2 Genesis 1588 - I think you'll like them. But it you're hatching a lot, you may want to think about getting a 2nd one without a turner to use as a hatcher. On day 18, I move mine from the incubator with turner to the hatcher with no turner. Also, be sure and get yourself a good hygrometer - I found some good ones at Walmart, but I'm sure you can get them at Cutlers.

Quote:
Just a word to the wise, the cheap thermometers that come with the bators can be wrong. Be sure you check its accuracy before you depend on the reading from it. Congrats on getting the 1588. I LOVE mine
clap.gif

Quote:
Just a word to the wise, the cheap thermometers that come with the bators can be wrong. Be sure you check its accuracy before you depend on the reading from it. Congrats on getting the 1588. I LOVE mine
clap.gif

She's absolutely correct! It's just a little thermometer on a piece of plastic-coated cardboard. Get a good digital - also best if both the thermometer and hygrometer have min/max readings.

Alright! An enabler thread for me.
lol.png
I already bought two 1588 bators from them and was very impressed, so perhaps I should get more supplies. . .
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom