What do I need to know...

AmericanMom

Songster
6 Years
Aug 10, 2013
Oregon
Ok, so here is my story lol..
I have been looking and looking for Turkey eggs for awhile, finally found a nice lady that sold me 39 for 15 bucks (Bourbon Reds)!! with them she also asked if I would like Goose eggs, she got rid of her geese the day before and then found some eggs.. I thought what the heck, I'll incubate and see what happens... Fast forward 16 days and out of the 6 goose eggs she gave me 5 were fertile and are growing very well.. (those eggs are HUGE)

Here is the rub... One) I didn't think I wanted them and two) I have never raised water fowl.. Once we candled them and saw them moving DH stated he wanted to keep 2 of them, the other three my Brother is taking (if they hatch that is)

I understand not to brood them with the chickens and Turkeys but what do I feed them? What special needs do I need to prepare, I know I have atleast 12 days maybe a few days more but I would like to get everything ready this weekend.
Oh and they are Buff's and Embden .. I'm really getting exited about these little ones, lol... May not want to get rid of any of them..
big_smile.png

You will love them espically when you see them move in the large eggs and yes it will be hard giving them away and it will be hard to pick which two to keep so you end up kerping all of them XD

You will love them espically when you see them move in the large eggs and yes it will be hard giving them away and it will be hard to pick which two to keep so you end up kerping all of them XD

I am already wanting them to hatch and keep them and all I needed to see was the veining lol

Back
Top Bottom