What do we think?

FeatherTay

Crowing
Jun 28, 2020
Kansas
Hey! What are we thinking about this Jubilee Orpington Cockerel? He’s 5 month olds and really big. @Amer if you need better pictures please let me know. I’m not getting rid of him anytime soon, so I have time.

0E642D5E-AFEF-4B52-BAE6-A944C03F26F0.jpeg
125C70DC-0E20-40B3-8FB6-EB9B5AE530FE.jpeg
4082CFA1-AD64-4452-82AC-DC8D07B76537.jpeg
030C6D10-BF6B-4BBC-B662-EC98AECB7D7A.jpeg

I don’t really know anything about the British Orpington Standard, only the American one, so I don’t know what color to expect. That said, nice head and depth. The only issue I see is he needs a wider, straighter leg set. He’s almost knock kneed.
@ColtHandorf knows more than me.

I don’t really know anything about the British Orpington Standard, only the American one, so I don’t know what color to expect. That said, nice head and depth. The only issue I see is he needs a wider, straighter leg set. He’s almost knock kneed.
@ColtHandorf knows more than me.
You’re right. Just relized how weird he is standing. Never noticed it before so I guess it doesn’t really pose a threat other then if I decides to try and show him.

First of all, is he Jubilee or Blue Jubilee, because he looks Blue in those photos. Second, five months is really early to be making any decisions about showing or breeding English Orpington males. Provided he doesn't have any immediate DQs such as wry tail, side sprigs on the comb, or some other physical deformity, let him mature to nine months, but be aware English males can take at least 18 months to fill out and mature.

The shadow makes counting the points on his comb a little difficult but I think I see seven? The Standard calls for 5-6 last time I looked at it. I usually try to get five on mine, but six is certainly more common. He is standing weird, but that could just be the way he's standing right now. I know my young males can look ridiculous for months.

First of all, is he Jubilee or Blue Jubilee, because he looks Blue in those photos. Second, five months is really early to be making any decisions about showing or breeding English Orpington males. Provided he doesn't have any immediate DQs such as wry tail, side sprigs on the comb, or some other physical deformity, let him mature to nine months, but be aware English males can take at least 18 months to fill out and mature.

The shadow makes counting the points on his comb a little difficult but I think I see seven? The Standard calls for 5-6 last time I looked at it. I usually try to get five on mine, but six is certainly more common. He is standing weird, but that could just be the way he's standing right now. I know my young males can look ridiculous for months.
He is a Jubilee. The flash from the phone is probably making him look blue. I don’t even think I will show him, but I want to breed him.

I love your turkey! And he’s beautiful too, with nice type. But he is definitely a blue Jubilee.
😂 Thank you! Photobomb!
Wow. I didn’t know there was such thing.

I sold the other one at an auction… was he an actual Jubilee? I didn’t like him as well as this one though.
1C0DB9BC-945F-4AF2-B218-658B6CC280E7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom