What do yall think about these guys.

crazyelk

Songster
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
Kentucky
Don't know much about Marans but I know that I am about to pay a pretty penny for this trio and I was wondering what yo guys thought. Do they look to be good quality, are they pure, and what else should I be looking for?
14959_dsc01742_copy.jpg

14959_dsc01741_copy.jpg

14959_dsc01736_copy.jpg

Thanks, Jason

There is no American standard for them so to a large extent quality is in the eye of the beholder. I was under the impression that the interest in Marans had more to do with egg colour than the appearance of the birds themselves.
Typically when you talk of a trio the reference is to 3 birds of the same variety is it not?

Are you implying that these are not the same variety and if they are not, what varietys are they. I am going to travel a bit and pay a real dandy price and I want to make sure what I am getting before I do this. I plan on meeting in the morning.

Wellllllllll...........that depends on what you are doing with those dark brown eggs. If you are selling them as Black Copper Marans eggs (I guess that is what the first two are?), then YEAH, it matters a LOT!!!!

Well, I know NOTHING about Marans of ANY color, but I do know my colors and there is nothing black or copper about that last chicken. I have no clue if they can turn out that color but I would certainly have my doubts. Have you seen any eggs from these guys? I would not buy them with one looking like that, personally.

I say pass!

$75 for what look to me like mutt chickens that aren't even in good condition...
th.gif

Do they have pics of their eggs??

I'm very sceptical of most anyone selling "marans", lots of people jumped on the band wagon.

There are several members here that have nice marans.

Back
Top Bottom