What do ya'll think of this machine?

CoyoteMagic

RIP ?-2014
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
only the shadow knows.....
I'm looking at buying a new machine when our income tax comes back. Walmart.com has this one for less than $90 Brother 25-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine, XL-2600i. I pulled it up on the Brother site its' self to check it out.

http://www.brother-usa.com/Homesewing/ModelDetail.aspx?ProductID=XL2600i

I want something with a drop in bobbin. It's a pain in arse to pull the machine out of the table take the bottom off, replace the bobbin and then do it all in reverse. It has 25 different stitches. I don't do much with mine other than quilt, but I'm thinking some of these stitches would be nice on quilts, especially applique ones.

What do you think?

There's a website you should check out - haven't been to it in ages, but I still get newsletters from them:

http://patternreview.com

They use to have an honest feedback section on equipment, by manufacturer. I purchased a Kenmore (Sears) for around $179 that has lots of option and LOVE it. The thread never binds or pulls up and it runs like a charm. Plus it's easy to return to Sears or take it in for repair if needed.

Good luck!

gail

I was looking at the Kenmore but it looks like you have to buy the Kemore feet to go with it. My old Brother and this one appears this one is the same that I can use any short screw on feet.

Sears and Kenmore have a great reputation. I'm just not sure if I can afford it.

I have a Brother, and I really like it. It's a small, cheaper model, but for the amount of sewing I do, it's perfect. I had no clue what a drop in bobbin was, but now that I've Googled it, I want one!

Quote:
See!! So much easier, lol.

My Ma bought me my current Brother from Walmart about 15 or so years ago. It's a good machine. Still runs like a champ. Never had any problems with it whatsoever. It's a LS1217 Staight and zigzag but that's it.

I want something with a few more "bells and whistles" on it.

Back
Top Bottom