What do you all think?

You mean you don't flip every crab over and check for eggs before releasing them into the aquarium??? Did you point out that the crab "sex" occurred before you put it in his aquarium? How many times have you put a Molly into an aquarium and they have babies (currently on cycle 2 of new molly - 18 babies, ugh!)? It just happens! It means the aquarium is healthy. How many microscopic things are breeding in his aquarium? Or for that matter, how many bacteria are breeding in his office? Let it go, he is being ridiculous.

Quote:
Well, I've found being on call actually makes my job easier. If something is going wrong, and the client can see it's not right, it's better to get on top of the issue RIGHT THEN rather than wait until 8:00 am. And when you're investing a lot of money into it like some of them do, you want to to know it's going to be well taken care of.

As far as my clients who get free services, I really think it's a privilege for me. I so enjoy talking and visiting with them, and they give me their friendship. They are like my family. I try to even donate the aquariums, supplies and livestock as well, or at least give it to them at my cost. It's not me that's doing them the favor though. It really brightens my day to see their faces light up when I add a new fish in.
smile.png

Quote:
LMAO! This cracked me up.
gig.gif
lau.gif
Most likely though the crab was already heavy with eggs when we added it in there.
hu.gif
I don't look at each individual crab for eggs. I check them for health when they come in and before they go out, but that's about all I can do.

One of my professors was giving a lecture to the public (on Cape Cod) about the squid spawning in the ocean. One of the audience members asked if he should keep his daughter out of the water because she could get pregnant... a squid/human hybrid?

Quote:
I've never put a molly into an aquarium. I don't maintain freshwater. I doubt for the fees we charge that a freshwater aquarium would be worth it.
wink.png

I agree, MD is too big for his britches. He called. You could have come out and removed the pole dancing crab, but honestly... better to let him remove himself from your client list. I don't think you are too big. He is bent on being miserable and complaining.

Quote:
I usually have saltwater tanks, but I had to downsize (too many human kids and other critters), so we kept a small (10 gallon) freshwater - my daughter wanted a friend for her lonely Molly, she came to us pregnant... currently looking for homes for 18 babies...

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif
Oh the fish jokes I could tell. People just don't get it sometimes. I've had people ask me about corals, and why the "Plant things" grow on them without killing them...
lau.gif

I try not to "Talk fish" as my DH calls it, because I get too...geeky? Example: I was talking to a guy about an eel I had for sale the other day. He said "Is that Golden Dwarf Moray for sale?" And I had been doing a water change and wasn't really *thinking* about it...I said "The gymnothorax melatremus isn't for sale, not eating yet" The guy got this lok on his face like
ep.gif
, and I had NO IDEA what his problem was. One of my employee's was standing there and started laughing and told the guy "Don't mind her, she slips into fish and doesn't even realize she's doing it." When I realized what I'd said I just got embarrassed and said whatever the guy wanted to hear to get him outta my sight.
hide.gif

Quote:
Maybe it's all the algae you inhaled while starting a siphon? My DH is a musician, so he doesn't get me either...

Last edited:
Quote:
I just get into what I'm doing. Aquariums relax me. When I've had an incredibly bad day, I take a 6 pack to my warehouse and just fiddle with the fish. But, I was a marine biology major, so I don't *think* about the fish by their common names. Every supplier I have has a different common name for each fish anyway, so it's easier for me to think in latin anyway. Sometimes, I just slip up. I REALLY try not to though, cause people already think I'm strange enough.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom