What do you charge for eggs? and How do you sell?

How much per dozen? and Where do you sell? (Please choose as many answers as apply)

• less than $3

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $3

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • $4

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • $5

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • more than $5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sell to family and friends

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • curbside

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • delivery

• home farm stand

• farmer market

• wholesale

• other- please put in comments

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

FromChictoChick

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 13, 2012
MA
My Coop
My Coop
I free range my hens
We are a state tested clean flock
The girls are fed an organic diet
I never use antibiotics or any hormones.

I charge $3.50/half dozen or $5/dozen for large/extra large assorted eggs

What are your conditions and prices?

How do you sell your eggs? I use a cooler at the end of the driveway, there's visibility and plenty of travel on our street, but not having much luck

Post on your local craigslist and whatnot...see if there are farmers markets in your area!
We plan on selling eggs, ous are only 10 weeks old so we have time to decide all this. Actually my kids will be selling eggs as part of a homeschool project!

I charge $3 a dozen, my eggs are all free range and organic food. I just put a sign at the end of my driveway a few days ago and I sold my first two dozen today! :)
Once my young pullets get to laying I'm going to be getting up to 2 dozen a day and I'll charge probably $4-4.50 a dozen at the farmers market.

I sell for $2 a dozen, that's pretty much the going rate around here. I sell to family and friends, craigslist and my best place to sell is on facebook. I post in local 'yardsale' groups and pretty much anywhere I can.

I get $5 a dozen. Mine are pasture raised and get organic feed. My friends and some acquaintances of friends email me when they need eggs. I then set the eggs out on the front porch in an insulated box and put the eggs in the box with the person's name on the carton. there is a can in the box for them to leave money.
Works great for me.

Back
Top Bottom