What Do You Charge For Your Duck Eggs??

I've charged $5 in the past a dozen for duck eggs. I usually give one in each dozen of chicken eggs I sell. I just found out from my Chinese acupuncturist that Chinese do not like/eat chicken eggs, they like the duck eggs. So hopefully I can hit them next year when these ducklings begin laying. I am going to try to charge $6 a dozen and see how they respond.

It's true, the Chinese LOVE duck eggs! I have 5 Chinese customers here that just can't get enough of my duck eggs. Fresh duck eggs are a hot commodity in Stockholm, apparently. ;) There is much more demand than my 5 girls can keep up with. lol! This past year I have been charging about $3.50 per dozen, but I'm quite tempted to up my prices a bit...

I'm overloading on duck eggs, I have 8girls laying and I have about 8 dozen eggs in the fridge, how much do your charge for your duck eggs. Do you charge per dozen, per 1/2 dozen, or perhaps per request for hatching? What is a fair price for duck eggs over chicken eggs and why are duck eggs higher in price then chicken? I need to start selling mine.
I have a friend whose sister cannot eat chicken eggs, she would buy..can u ship?

Ok if people ask WHY the higher price over chicken eggs what do I tell them? Maybe that is why people won't buy duck eggs because they can buy chicken eggs cheaper.
Duck eggs are healthier, they are higher in protein higher in good cholesterol and fat. The taste is much more richer and creamier.
And bakers love them over chicken eggs every time.That's what you tell them😉

Back
Top Bottom