What do YOU collect? (Besides chickens!)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bluie, Jun 29, 2008.

1. bluie

bluie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Other than junk and clutter, I think I collect plants. I read all about ornamental plants and I think, Oh, I'd like to try one of these, and one of those. Over the years, I have accumulated so many. I have so many things in bloom right now, and it just made me realize how many plants I actually have. My son just started collecting key chains. My other son collects state quarters. I also have collected green glass flower vases. What do you collect?

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I collect fish!!![​IMG] I absolutely love them. I started with ornamental goldfish and they were sooo cute! I had a bubble-eyed goldfish and he/she was so funny. I currently have both salt- and freshwater tanks which is fun, I recommend the hobby [​IMG]

3. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Kids and dogs [​IMG]

(Only my kids, lol!)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  4. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    Plants - lots of Birds of paradise around. Oldest is 7 years old, so it might bloom next year when it will be good and pot bound again. Japanese maples, dwarf pines, and a few others growing for future Bonsai projects.

Anime - I started this obsession about 10 years ago and it continues today. Decent sized collection has been gathered and just added the Gundam Seed complete collections(I&II)

Matt

5. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Books. First editions of my favorites.

And small hand beaded antique change purses. I use them as my wallet until they fall apart and then I buy a new one. Eveywhere I go people ask about my change purses.

6. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    omg! Matt A NC you like anime too?! awesome! Which shows have/do you watch? [​IMG]

7. bluie

Aug 18, 2007
    Oh yeah, I forgot about books! Reference books, mostly about art, artists, art techniques, some about plants. (I'm an art teacher)

8. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    [​IMG] Outhouses! And if it does have a chicken with it, that's even better!![​IMG]

9. bluie

Aug 18, 2007
    Chickaroo! :

[​IMG] Outhouses! And if it does have a chicken with it, that's even better!![​IMG]

How fun!​

10. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    I collect dust. And if anybody out there collects booze bottles I have three vintage bottles I'd like to give to a good home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by