What do you do for a living?

I'm an Endocrinology Nurse Practitioner. I only treat diabetes. I'd rather stay home and take care of the farm but I have to pay for all these animals!

I work for Delta Airlines at the airport for the past 12 years. I work only pt so i am up for work at 415 am and off at 1030am... i am home the rest of the day being a "mom". (my other job)
smile.png
smile.png

I am a 9-1-1 Dispatcher for the county that I live in. We dispatch all the fire, EMS, and police for the entire county, with the exception of the State Police. We also take after hours calls and pages for Coroner, Children and Youth, Probation, and Sheriff Dept.

Before that, I was a stay at home mom from the time my son was born until my daughter was 7 weeks old.

Being a 9-1-1 Dispatcher is a thankless job, but I wouldn't give it up for anything. I just wish I could get people to remember, when you are thanking your Fire dept for responding to the fire at your house, or thanking the ambulance for responding to your medical emergency, or thanking the police for helping you out, if it weren't for the dispatchers sitting in the communications center, none of these people would get to you. We are your first contact in an emergency.

Remember: Seconds save lives and dispatchers save seconds.

I've been a N.C. State Bar Certified Paralegal now for over 12 years and love it. Specialize in worker's comp cases, personal injury, land condemnation, insurance disputes and dabble a little in wrongful death cases too.

Wow, so many interesting professions, truly all walks of life!

I've worn many hats, but for the last 5 years I've been a production manager for a documentary film production company. I hire film crews, location scout, manage production schedules and also shoot, edit and produce small projects. Love it!

I was a Registerd X-Ray technologist for 20 years,. then I quit to homeschool my daughter and be a keeper at home!,. My husband is an electrician at a local hospital in the construction department and a retired Navy Seabee.
this is a good thread,.. very interesting,..

I am a project manager for a private highway safety company. We do highway safety project in four western states so I am on the road most of the time. I also take all the blame, never get credit lol. Before that I worked in under ground utilities for 16yrs.

Back
Top Bottom