What do you do for a living?

Everyone has such interesting "jobs", I work In Occupational Safety & Energy Management for the Dept of Veterans Affairs and I was a former "Fly Girl" in the United States Air Force. Love working for the people who have served our country.

Candace

Redhen - grooming was fun but it started getting too hard for my body. If I could have just focused on the little foo-foo breeds - that would have been terrific. The hard part is the owner who has a matted dog with ticks and fleas in overabundance. I could have turned them away but I felt sorry for the pooches. I never believed in tranquilizing pets which resulted in several nasty bites! I was pretty headstrong in my younger years and thought I could handle anything. Torn rotator cuffs on both shoulders and carpal tunnel convinced me to do a career change! Now I sit behind a computer all day and play with my chickens at night.

Really interesting...lots of caregivers on this site.

I'm a District Clerk (or court clerk, depending on what state). I have to get elected every 4 yrs. to keep my job...I'm unopposed this round. (Yea!! I win!!). This will be my 4th term. Boy, where has the time gone...

Other jobs along the way:
An Emt (emergency medical technician)
A grocery store Service Manager
A Watercolor Artist
Executive Director of The Rockport Center for the Arts

Im a Mobile Auto Mechanic Serving the High Desert, and some Inland Empire Cities
big_smile.png

from 1st to last ish
babysitter
candy striper
waitress
nursing home activity assistant
shoe sales
factory, briefly,
back to shoe store
factory
caring for my aged parents (still doing this for my mom. dad is passed) current
temp work
home health aide
telemarketing
optician
office manager
optician
secretary for beer distributor
dental assistant
dental office manager
my own cleaning business
factory
cleaning business
licensed day care
cleaning business
retail marketing
office work
volunteer- coaching for DD sports including: soccer, basketball, softball, volleyball,
- brownie leader, room parent, ect
?

licensed cosmetologist
licensed cosmetology teacher/nail teacher
own my own in home salon - current
caterer
work at grill on college campus
supervising caterer - current
supervisor at grill on campus -current
chickens, rabbits, gardening - current

I know I am leaving somethings out but that's all I can think of right now lol

Hmmnm good question...
big_smile.png

Currently, I make and sell yoga blocks, grilling planks, along with custom milled lumber and small furniture and sell it on ebay.. I am selling eggs too considering upping it to about 20 dozen a week... Really I want to get back to agriculture in a bigger way, know I sell a little produce,and a few eggs but want do it on a bigger scale... I am almost there with the business plan!

For a few years I was doing traditional log and timber frame building.. That was cool, but we all know what happened to that market.... In the 90's , I worked for a Finnish Medical company.. Yep I am a Mammography expert.. Breast imaging equipment was my expertise. Field service, Service manager, Product manager, then into Sales.. Then General Electric bought us out:(.. They offered me anything I wanted, but I turned it down to be with my just born first son more often..(Also was not into how they do business) . (Enough of the fast lane for me.) After that I worked for a few years with one of the smaller local medical company distributer we had, but my heart was not in it, so I bought a saw mill, did some logging and brings you back to where I am...

Yep ON is a Mid 40's fallen executive living the good life all be it very poor good life, At home parent enjoying saving money and my kids while working on implementing my next passion for the next adventure! I am getting back to my farming start!!
big_smile.png

My spouse is a care giver...CMA, CNA I find it interesting many of you are that... We are considering offering our own home care service, also hospice care is incredibly rewarding!

I wish you all the best on the paths you choose to walk////
ON

Last edited:
We'll I'm around fifty years old and I'm a mechanic. I work on old (64 1/2 to 72) mustang cars. I help my hubby do the mechanical work and I do the interior work.

Back
Top Bottom