What do you do for a living?

Right now i'm a therapeutic foster parent. I work with high-risk teens.
I was a CNA for many years before that...
Worked in various restaurants before that...

Also went to school a few years ago for medical billing and coding... Graduated with good grades but hated it.. so i'm still paying a student loan for a job that i wont ever do..*sigh*
hmm.png

Last edited:
For 27 years I was a stay at home mom. Six years ago my last child graduated from high school and I got a job as a secretary at a university in the microbiology department.

Red hen, I got a degree in something I loved and was really good at, married a man I love, spent the last 26 years never doing that $$$ degree. But, growing plants and hanging around plant people is good too. I am allergic to what we grow now, and I am not a happy chick, but...I feed the weeds to the chickens and pretend I am a farmer!
big_smile.png

perspective is everything.
smile.png

Former stay home mom (who invented that term anyway, you are never home!), now medical transcriptionist working from home for local hospital - girls are married and both expecting my grandbabies(!), and son is on his own and will probably be married soon, too.

Love that I can work from home, but would really just like to cook and take care of my chickens/dogs, etc. Wait, that didn't come out right...I don't want to cook my chickens. But I do love to cook and collect cookbooks (have about 600).

Been married 36 yrs - hubby has his own business.

Also have taught American Sign Language and signed music, played piano for various choirs/events/graduations/weddings, etc., made costumes for everything from Larry the Cucumber (Vegetales) to gingerbread men and lions, done a little catering for school events, some cake decorating...

...but aren't chickens fun!?

deb g

A lot of great jobs out there thank you for sharing.

Work has been so terribly slow and I am feeling the pain when I work in facilities as a CNA. I was having some trouble with my arms/tennis elbow is what I was told it was and since things slowed down and I am not doing CNA work all that much that has stopped. I also had pain in my foot can't remember what it was called started with a p two words. I have pain in my hips and low back too. I notice it doing work around here. I just feel weak and crippled after one shift I can barely walk....getting up out of bed. Both my arms and my one foot were very painful. So anyways I am alive and all that hurts nowadays is my hips and low back like my kidneys it feels like.

I have been thinking of either going to college for lpn or medical coding. I have 3 business degrees and never have actually worked with them been 10 years since I got them. I love business/office work. I apply for entry jobs all the time and hear nothing back.

Currently...I own my own businesses as a natural products supplier and am in sales and marketting as well.

I am also the following on a regular basis:
babysitter
counselor
hunter
gatherer
financial consultant
maid
errand girl
chicken rancher
nutritionist
and master chef

I am the glue that holds this house together.
lol.png

I get paid....sometimes cash, sometimes with appreciation
wink.png

I am a paramedic, have been in ems for 10 years and love it, the last 4 as a paramedic.

Have worked as

An insurance agent
Shoe sales (every girly girls dream job, first pick of all the shoes)
Baker (now gluten allergic!!!)
Food demonstrator
Rural electric meter reader

For the past 11 years I have been administrative assisstant to the engineer for our county drainage department. I love every second of it since I get to draw maps on the computer and talk to different people every day! I don't always like the part of figuring out drainage assessments for people - I feel terrible when it seems like too much money for people on fixed incomes.
Before that I owned a pet shop for two years. For 20 years I was a dog groomer. I loved the animals I owned in the pet shop, but I hated having to sell them to just anyone - I was way too picky - not a good way to make a profit! Dog grooming was fun but very tiring.
Before that I was an editor for six years for our local daily newspaper. I loved it but the hours and stress were unbelievable!
I dream of being able to retire in 12 years and talk to my chickens all day and raise more flowers!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom