What do you do for a living?

My husband and I are both retired and recently moved to Leesburg Texas on 15 acres. I really couldn't get excited about being out in the middle of no where with no purpose in my life really, get up clean cook go to bed and start again. Then one amazing day I decided I wanted to raise chickens. Best thing that ever happened to me. I have 6 bantam hens and one rooster, I have had them for nearly a month and I am loving it. On Valentines my husband saw a gentlemen at the feed store with baby chicks, barnyard chicks and came back home to get me so I could look at them, well they were so darn cute I got all 15 of them. They are amazing little critters. I stay pretty busy with all my new babies and am loving every minute of every day now and I have so much to look forward to.

All your jobs sound better than mine. I assemble and test gas and water valves. I really need to go back to school to do something worth something. I did start to go to school for biofuels technology when I got laid off. My first class taught us how to make moonshine lol. But I got called back to the factory so I dropped out. A nice paycheck seemed more important than education at the time.

I spent a year working at a factory putting parts in bags and boxes. I was "resigned by mutual consent" from my County job. I also spent a summer between semesters making wire harnesses for cars. Nothing wrong with factory work..
And good luck if you decide to continue your education.

I'm a go-pher for my husbands construction company. I have to go-for this and go-for that when something may be needed on a job site. Seriously, I left my job at a local college in October. I was the office manager at our student health center. I really miss the students! But I had to weigh the pros and cons of staying at that place of employment and it seemed there were more cons. I was working 40 hours a week for the college, traveling an our each day for work, and trying to keep up with the construction company's paper work. In all honesty, I think I just got burned out.
Tammie

I used to be a manager in telecommunications. Then I became a stay at home mom when we adopted our four girls. My hubby is in sales for a food distributor. We have had cows, goats, horses, ducks and chickens. After a few years of doing this, we have decided our favorite is the chickens. So besides the dogs and cats, we only have chickens now. We have a chicken coop and my hubby is in the process of turning our horse stalls into chicken coops so I can raise and sell chickens.

I'm an IT Technician for a large Cement/Concrete/Aggregate Company in Texas. I maintain a territory of 18 or so locations in Central Texas. I'm new to chickens and I started my flock for the kiddos. They both love animals and we are going to get involved in the local 4H chapter here in Comal County.

I am a department manager for HEB a grocery store chain in texas. I have a degree in animal science, but haven't used it. I do enjoy my job, but I do work a lot of hours.

I'm a registered nurse working in dialysis. My DH is semi-retired..has a part time job transporting.  Chickerdoodle13, I wish I had pursued a vet career or working with animals. I have worked in a hospital and dialysis clinic and people can be really hard to work with. Animals would be much easier and much more gratifying. I love me animals!

I worked as an EMT for many years and sometimes I think pet owners are worse than human patients! Lol! I'm looking to go into poultry though, so I will probably deal less with pet owners and more with poultry farms/businesses! We'll see where I actually end up though!

I am a department manager for HEB a grocery store chain in texas. I have a degree in animal science, but haven't used it. I do enjoy my job, but I do work a lot of hours.

You are the probably the one of the only people here who knows what I do at a grocery store. I am a DSD clerk. I have to tell people I am a cashier in reverse. To all you others DSD= Direct Store Delivery meaning if it does not come in on our main distributor's truck it is delivered by vendors (in essence I deal with bread, chips beer and soda) deliveries all day verifying they are bringing us what is on the invoice. So the next time you see a chip beer soda bread delivery trucks know that could be someone visiting me.

I raise kids and chickens, and manage all my other pets, BUT Im going to flight school to become a helicopter pilot... and when Im not busy, I take naps lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom