What do you do to make being snowed in more bearable?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mamagardener, Dec 19, 2009.

1. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

From what I hear, a big storm is coming tonight. So that means we will most likely be snowed in tomorrow. When you are snowed in what do you do for fun?
    My kids and I will be home alone because hubby will stay at work overnight due to the storm.

We will be playing games, writing out Christmas cards, and doing some holiday baking.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I read your post and started thinking. What would I do.... Call the police, and start freaking out lol. Mind you I live Australia where it never snows so I would be having a heart attack if it snowed here lol. Could not imagine what it would be like to have that happen.

3. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Play IN the snow! Snowman. Snow angles. [​IMG]

Maybe have hot chocolate after and cookies! Don't forget the marshmellows!

Maybe a fire and smores too!

4. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I opened a present early and am in the middle of a Criminal Minds episode snuggled up with my laptop, DH and popcorn.

5. redstars

redstars Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    south dartmouth ma
    Feed the fire.
    And look out the window.

6. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Hey, I am in the same boat: Dh has the worst of both worlds - he's laid off as of Jan 22 and still got snowed in and ordered to stay until MONDAY!

Ugh! I live waaaaaay up ona hill and even with the tractor there is no getting out.

But, we're good, got wood, can cook in my bake over, got a generator for when the power inevitably goes out, but dang I sure do wish I had the husband!

We're at 18 inches!

7. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

I have WHAT in my yard, I am sorry to hear about your husbands job. I hope he finds another one quickly. That does stink having to stay over somewhere that is letting you go.
    By the way, the snow hasn't even started here yet. It's times like this that I wish I was rich and could winter somewhere warm.

8. kagedgoddess

kagedgoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    virginia
    i sit on the computer all day appaerently. haha. we were gonna make cookies, til i realized i forgot to get more flour. so there too went the idea of pancales for dinner. gosh i am bored. ... at least the kids are behaving.

9. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Here it pours and floods for a day or so. I break out the gardening books and seed catalogs and graph paper.

10. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    I was about to say I've never been snowed in in my entire life, but I remember once we were "iced" in. We used to live at the top of a hill in house with a long, curved cement driveway. An ice storm put about an inch of ice on it! Needless to say we were stuck for several days. I'd hate to be in that situation without a fireplace or wood stove. We were without power for a while and did not have a generator. I really don't think it would change my routine too much, I'd still walk the dogs, do housework or whatever, as long as I had power.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by