What do you do to past the time on day 21?

-Mr.HenryRooster

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 27, 2010
Stress level is high
he.gif
duc.gif
hit.gif

Hopeing for the best
thumbsup.gif
hide.gif

What do you do to calm the nerves and keep away from the bator ????

gryeyes

Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers
10 Years
Sep 22, 2009
My slice of heaven in Somerset, CA
I went to Starbucks and read a book and drank some frou-frou coffee on the 21st day, the first time I incubated eggs. I'd set them late, so I knew they wouldn't start until late. I was right; they started pipping that evening, and in the morning of the 22nd day, a couple had fully hatched. The rest - that were gonna hatch, not all of them did - hatched even later on days 22 and 23.

-Mr.HenryRooster

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 27, 2010
I am going to Starbucks ha ha
lau.gif
Venta triple shot french vanilla frappuccino extra whip cream

It feels like every day i work on the coops and the brooder always need tweeking. Once again you guys and gals are the best!!!!!!
clap.gif

SimplySplendidSilkies

Songster
9 Years
Apr 11, 2010
Adairsville, GA
Quote:
OMGosh Great idea! If I ever go down this road again I will set the eggs around 11 pm (which is 30 mins past my normal bedtime) not 6 am. I am on day 22 with 8 chicks out and 10 just laying there on the bottom of the bator, not so much as pipped. I am no longer looking in the bator and I have told myself that they are not going to hatch. That seems to take away the stress. Also looking at the babies I have helps a great deal. I had a friend come over with more experience hatching to keep me company. The day before yesterday and before Judy got here yesterday was a nighmare for me, and will be the only reason I do not enjoy incubation. So worth it in my book! Judy I love you for that BTW! Good luck I think you shoud get de-cafe for the coffee or add a shot of anything (booze) to calm nerves. Good luck if you were close by I would come over and sit with you and a bottle of wine. Keep us posted! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
fl.gif

Top Bottom