What do you do when you can't sleep...other than...

peapickinchicks

Songster
11 Years
May 27, 2008
Elizabethtown, KY
being on BYC. I probably have not actually had a GOOD nights rest since I was a teenager. I always wake up to go pee, then can't go back to sleep,
barnie.gif
. WHY....WHY...OH WHY...anyhoo I watch DVD's of Walton's or Little House on the Prairie. How about you....

Sometimes if I haven't had decent rest for a few days I'll take a Benedryl to help me stay asleep dosen't always work but worth a try when I'm sooo tired, but it does leave me groggy the next day,
he.gif
hit.gif
....did I just reply to myself,
hu.gif
caf.gif

benedryl and unisom are the same thing. i had a bout of sleeplessness that was pretty bad due to sickness and when it first started, i asked the pharmacist to tell me which would be better.

he looked at me, pointed to the ingredients...the exact same thing!

I avoid drinking too many fluids about an hour before bed, then go use the bathroom right before I lay down in bed. If I can't fall asleep, or if I wake up and can't get back to sleep I pull out my guilty pleasure... Soduku - it usually doesn't take too long to feel my eyelids start to droop. If it's not a work night and it doesn't matter so much if I can't fall back to sleep, sometimes I'll bust out my crocheting and do a few lines on a blanket I've been working on for ... forever!
smile.png

Good luck!

Benadryl and a good, but not too good, book
tongue.png

eta: I have also used melatonin as a sleep aid and it works really well. You can find it in the vitamin/nutrition section of the store.

Last edited:
Reading relaxes me enough to go back to sleep sometimes, as does a bubble bath and drinking a cup of chamomile tea.

Back
Top Bottom