What do you do with ALL THESE CHICKS?!!

There are several people on here who sell chicks as a side hustle. Some even have a wait list to hatch specific eggs for other people. Helps the birds pay their keep.

Personally I just give away extra birds: chicks, grow outs, adults. I'm a terrible salesman. Not worth the hassle for me.

We also grow out and process (butcher) our own roosters but never more than 10 roos at a time. That last one depends on time of year and how many birds I have (how overwhelmed I feel).
I'm SOOO glad to hear from a kindred spirit.
You sound exactly like me. lol

There are several people on here who sell chicks as a side hustle. Some even have a wait list to hatch specific eggs for other people. Helps the birds pay their keep.

Personally I just give away extra birds: chicks, grow outs, adults. I'm a terrible salesman. Not worth the hassle for me.

We also grow out and process (butcher) our own roosters but never more than 10 roos at a time. That last one depends on time of year and how many birds I have (how overwhelmed I feel).
You sound exactly like me.
Every year, I swear I will not hatch and every winter/spring my incubators are full.
:th

I'm SOOO glad to hear from a kindred spirit.
You sound exactly like me. lol
I was so excited (EGG-cited) my first few eggs after our chickens laid... had no idea an incubator was my present for Christmas. After my first few hatches I wish it was 10x's bigger and had a few more just to hatch stuff. Lol

I think I'd like to also get into conservation hatches, helping restore native birds, just so I could keep the incubator running!!!

https://www.fws.gov/nevada/nv_species/sage_grouse.html

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210517-214639_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210517-214639_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom