What do you do with the less used parts of a fish

Roosterboy

Songster
11 Years
Oct 28, 2008
How do i use every part of a fish. Well you don't have to say every part but how can i cook the tongue or eyes?

How do you cook the less used parts of a fish?

Thanks! (I know i probably watch to much Bizarre Foods)

Some people consider boiling the head and popping out the eyes and digging out the ?? a delicacy...my own grandmother was one and she lived to just near her 101st birthday...she always wanted me to try those boiled eyeballs and I always refused any part of that! I pressure cook the entire fish and feed it to the dogs and chickens, ducks and geese w/cooked rice. They love it!

Fish have tongues?

Boy, you learn something new every day, don't you. Well, I do anyway.

I guess it depends. If there's a chance the fish ate some lead weights, I throw it in the garbage--no sense in letting it near the chickens where they might eat it. V. important, make sure the hook is retrieved, because there's nothing worse than burying the guts in the compost heap, only to get a fishhook in your hand next spring. Those things go right through garden gloves.

Fish Stock.
Add water to cover, bring just to a boil and turn down immediately to a very low simmer so that only a bubble or two comes up. After 20 minutes strain out fish bones etc. and return liquid to pot to reduce to 1/2 original volume.

Back
Top Bottom