What do you do with your dead (chickens, ducks, quail, etc...)

☠ What do you do with your dead (chickens, ducks, quail, etc...) ☠

• Send it to freezer camp?

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • Send it to the lab?

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Throw them in the trash?

Votes: 60 28.6%
  • Make dog food?

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Bury them?

Votes: 115 54.8%
  • Burn them?

Votes: 26 12.4%
  • Compost them?

Votes: 23 11.0%
  • Throw them over the hedge into the neighbors yard? ☺

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Toss them in the weeds or woods?

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • No deaths yet

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • Taxidermy

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Flaming Arrow at Sea

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters
Wow! Gator bait??? :eek: That’s super interesting! I’d love to see pics of your place.

If you go to Youtube and look for Florida Bullfrog, I have a lot of videos about my homestead and my chickens. You may have to go look in the homesteading playlist because my older videos may not appear in the generic video list.

I don’t gator hunt my own farm even though I have gators here. The state issues permits for gator hunting that authorize the hunter to hunt on specific waterways. If you ever seen the show Swamp People, Louisiana’s gator rules amount to poaching in Florida, and Florida’s rules amount to poaching in LA. Here in Florida we hunt them at night in real time. No trapping or bush hooking. The chicken will actually be thrown to a gator in view. The chicken will have a wood peg attached. When the gator takes the chicken the wood peg will get lodged in the throat and we’ll pull the gator up close for a harpoon or a bow shot. Then we fight the gator until it can be knifed or bang sticked in the brain stem.

If you go to Youtube and look for Florida Bullfrog, I have a lot of videos about my homestead and my chickens. You may have to go look in the homesteading playlist because my older videos may not appear in the generic video list.

I don’t gator hunt my own farm even though I have gators here. The state issues permits for gator hunting that authorize the hunter to hunt on specific waterways. If you ever seen the show Swamp People, Louisiana’s gator rules amount to poaching in Florida, and Florida’s rules amount to poaching in LA. Here in Florida we hunt them at night in real time. No trapping or bush hooking. The chicken will actually be thrown to a gator in view. The chicken will have a wood peg attached. When the gator takes the chicken the wood peg will get lodged in the throat and we’ll pull the gator up close for a harpoon or a bow shot. Then we fight the gator until it can be knifed or bang sticked in the brain stem.
Yikes! That sounds scary!

Back
Top Bottom