What do you do with your duck eggs?

jrleader99

Songster
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
Salem County, New Jersey
We got Indian Runner ducks last spring and enjoyed the duck eggs through summer. In the fall we added some additional indian runners and the older ones stopped laying. Just this past week they started laying again. I was just wondering what everyone does with their eggs and how much they charge for them.

Do you sell your duck eggs for eating or hatching? What price do you get compared to chicken eggs?

I can't bring myself to eat my ducks eggs...i get this picture of the cute little baby that could come out of it if I...or someone just incubated it, lol.

My brother eats them though and i just sell the extras if the girls aren't setting. I just sold 24 eggs for $25...so about $1/ea. the people planned on hatching.

I use mine in baking and they make great mayo
They work great in pancakes french toast and frittata's really the only way I don't like them is fried and hard boiled

We eat ours and bake with ours. I sell a dozen for $6 when we have the extra eggs.

I think it all depends on your market and if there are people around you who will buy them.

Back
Top Bottom