What do you do with your extra eggs?

Cetawin

Rest in Peace 1963-2021
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
I know that some of us have small households and larger flocks
lol.png
while others have a huge flocks and sell eggs.

I take my extras to local churches weekly. If you speak to the pastor's, priests etc etc, you will find that many have shut-ins and needy families that they are assisting. The eggs are a tremendous help to the churches.

I just delivered 4 flats (5 dozen eggs) to two churches this morning.

So, rather than toss eggs out, what do you do with the extras?

I press them through a sieve, add 1/2 tsp teaspoon of salt per1 cup of eggs, and freeze in ice cube trays.

I got a dozen cubes with 7 duck eggs!

One cube per egg in recipes.

I sent 5 dozen to the food pantry this morning. I grew up in a house that didn't have enough food to go around. I donate because I know how cruddy it is to go without.

When I had a lot more chickens than the 5 I currently have now I took flats of eggs to the soup kitchen fairly regularly. One of the ladies that ran it was so happy she made me a dream catcher
love.gif

Now that I only have a few girls I still get extra eggs and I usually give them away to friends. My plumber got a dozen yesterday cos he solved a problem that half a dozen previous plumbers and several thousand dollars had not solved over a 3 year period.

Yeah... I was happy enough to give him more than eggs but I restrained myself..... barely
tongue.png

Hatch those I want.

Eat the freshest, I don't want to hatch.

Boil the rest and give them to the dogs and birds. One day I'll be able to toss them to the hogs, but alas, no hogs for me for a couple of years.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom