What do you feed your ducks?

Pics
Bananas are my chickens' favorite thing ever ever ever. Like a feeding frenzy if I put any out for them. The ducks' favorite BY FAR is watermelon. It's almost... disturbing to watch them eat it.
If I take a banana outside they stand by or on my feet, start "laughing" and hopping up at me!
They are ridiculous, I love them.

I need to try banana. I've tried watermelon. That was a big fat nope. They just avoided that area of the pen until I removed it.

These are the same ducks that wouldn't eat after I moved their bowl 12 inches back, though. So... We might not be working with a fulll deck. Little paranoid schizos.

I feed the Purina duck pellets and they free range the pond and yard all day. Used to give peas when they were young now they just get the pond and yard and occasionally I see them under the bird feeders getting leftovers. Everything covered in snow right now, so they just mainly forage the pond. One hen started back laying 6 days ago and has been laying an egg daily since but none of the others yet. @Isadora not much for treats for the ducks hear either sounds like were the only meanies :lol:

Bananas are my chickens' favorite thing ever ever ever. Like a feeding frenzy if I put any out for them. The ducks' favorite BY FAR is watermelon. It's almost... disturbing to watch them eat it.
My ducks favorite is frozen peas!! My duck “Banana” goes crazy bobbing her head up and down anytime she sees them😂

I need to try banana. I've tried watermelon. That was a big fat nope. They just avoided that area of the pen until I removed it.

These are the same ducks that wouldn't eat after I moved their bowl 12 inches back, though. So... We might not be working with a fulll deck. Little paranoid schizos.
My girls haven't tried watermelon! I think they'll like it!

Theyre really suspicious of everything huh 🤣

Mine aren't picky about where the food goes, but they are creatures of habit!
moved the water bucket once and poor Dougie was running back and forth every time she realised it wasn't in the corner anymore hehe

We cut the top off our pumpkin and set it out there, they didn't touch it all day, but then it rained pretty hard in the afternoon...Penny our brave one took a drink out of it lol, they treated it like one of their water bowls...just pumpkin flavored 🤣
That’s awesome
They sure are funny pets

My girls haven't tried watermelon! I think they'll like it!

Theyre really suspicious of everything huh 🤣

Mine aren't picky about where the food goes, but they are creatures of habit!
moved the water bucket once and poor Dougie was running back and forth every time she realised it wasn't in the corner anymore hehe
Yes, change doesn't go well here either. :)

Back
Top Bottom