What do you feed your ducks?

If I were in the States, that's one brand I would stay away from. Their practices, imo, are inhumane and questionable, and their food directly led to the death of one of my cats (urinary tract blockage).

I don't have much choice where I am, so everyone gets Shur-Gain. They are an Ontario company.
I don't have many options. 😕

Watching all the feed crazy-ness unfolding in the chicken world made me curious. What do you fellow duck peeps feed?

I currently feed Purina Duck pellets.
Yeah the chicken feed stuff is crazy I posted a thread asking a few questions a while back since I wasn’t sure what to do and I somehow didn’t get notifications anymore and one day it popped up and I was like woah there’s a lot of responses. I didn’t go through them all cuz there were a lot but it’s turned into some sort of debate conversation. I don’t even know what’s happening 😂:confused: my ducks are on the same thing as my chickens, originally Purina and now nutrena. Nutrena is actually cheaper for us so that’s helpful so cut down a bit on feed costs. My ducks seemed to do well on either.

I feed all flock and crushed egg shells. Mine have never stopped laying as long as my chickens, my 3 year old Pekin stops for like 3 weeks every year and then starts again. They only have access to their feed in the morning and evening though, so they mainly dig through cow poop and eat that all day :)

I feed all flock and crushed egg shells. Mine have never stopped laying as long as my chickens, my 3 year old Pekin stops for like 3 weeks every year and then starts again. They only have access to their feed in the morning and evening though, so they mainly dig through cow poop and eat that all day :)
I bet that is some sweet-smelling breath. lol

Back
Top Bottom