What do you feed your quails ?

Uhh the kind i get at my local store
smile.png

i dont have the brand name in front of me but i will get in the morning when i go out to the building

Quote:
KULLAS I'M CURIOUS... WHAT BRAND OF GAMEBIRD STARTER IS ONLY 24% PROTIEN?

TSC sells one that is. To be honest the birds do just as well on it as the Purinia if not a hair better.
The cost is the same for me, it is just often easier to get the feed from TSC. I have no problems or changes in egg laying switching between the two.
Dumore feed.

My adults get a 24% (Purina) gamebird starter (medicated) and the babies get a 20% Purina flock raiser (not medicated), just like all the other babies. I was feeding my adults flock raiser, but when egg production really picked up, the higher protein made them lay better
smile.png

Last edited:
farrier! :

Quote:
KULLAS I'M CURIOUS... WHAT BRAND OF GAMEBIRD STARTER IS ONLY 24% PROTIEN?

TSC sells one that is. To be honest the birds do just as well on it as the Purinia if not a hair better.
The cost is the same for me, it is just often easier to get the feed from TSC. I have no problems or changes in egg laying switching between the two.
Dumore feed.​

I AM VERY FAMILIAR WITH DUMOR BRAND... USED IT FROM MY LOCAL TSC FOR QUITE A WHILE--- WASNT SATISFIED. BUT I BELEIVE THE 24% DUMOR IS REGULAR CHICK STARTER? NOT GAMEBIRD FORMULA? I MAY BE WRONG ON THAT 1, BUT IT WAS JUNK--- GAVE ALL THE BABIES DIARRHEA--- HAVE TO COME HOME EVERYDAY AND SCRUB LIL SPASTIC FUZZY BUTTS BECAUSE THEY WOULD GET PASTY. I LIKE MY PURINA STARTRENA 30% I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AND I ACTUALLY GET IT CHEAPER THAN THE DUMOR DOWN HERE...

Quote:
Dumore feed.

I AM VERY FAMILIAR WITH DUMOR BRAND... USED IT FROM MY LOCAL TSC FOR QUITE A WHILE--- WASNT SATISFIED. BUT I BELEIVE THE 24% DUMOR IS REGULAR CHICK STARTER? NOT GAMEBIRD FORMULA? I MAY BE WRONG ON THAT 1, BUT IT WAS JUNK--- GAVE ALL THE BABIES DIARRHEA--- HAVE TO COME HOME EVERYDAY AND SCRUB LIL SPASTIC FUZZY BUTTS BECAUSE THEY WOULD GET PASTY. I LIKE MY PURINA STARTRENA 30% I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AND I ACTUALLY GET IT CHEAPER THAN THE DUMOR DOWN HERE...

Is this the feed your talking about? http://www.gamefishnutrition.net/nutritionmanagement/ECMD2-0017382.aspx

Yessir That Would Be It! Personally I Love The Stuff... Never Before Have My Birds Been In This Great Of A Condition.. As You Can Imagine This Hot Humid Tropical Climate Can Be A Lil Harsh For Many Speces That Are Not Native To It... All My Birds Are Fat And Sassy, Healthy As Can Be And Have Beautiful Colors And Feathering. I Feed The Same Volume As Other Brands Of Feed I Have Used And The Birds Are Quick To Eat, But They Arent Going For The Food Like Wild Beasts That Havent Eaten In 4 Weeks. You Know, That Panicked I'm Gonna Eat Before I Die Look In Their Eyes? My Egg Production Went Up As Well. Havent Had Any Health Issues Since I Went To It And Stayed With It. And I Actually Get It From My Local Feed Store For About 60-70 Cents A Bag Cheaper Than Dumor From My Local Tsc. I Go Thru 2&3/4 50lb Bags A Week--- Not Going To Turn Me Into A Rockafeller, But Every Lil Bit Helps.

This Is The Mainstay Of Their Diet, They Also Get Some Scratch Grains Sprinkled On Top Every Other Day Or So As A Treat For The Adult Sized Quail And Teenage Pheasants... As Well As Greens And Whatnots For Treats During The Week. I Suppliment My Laying Quail With Vit C Every Other Day ( Helps Maintain Max Layer Productivity During Heat Stress) And Once A Week Everybody Gets Vitamin And Electrolyte In Their Water Just To Keep Em All Healthy And Happy. Any Birds In Ground Pens ( Chickens And Pheasant Breeders) Get Wormed 2x Yr And Also Get Pumpkin In The Fall As Treat/ Just In Case Wormer ( I Dont Count On Holistic Natural Cures, But It Doesnt Hurt To Try Them...)

Ultimately You Find What Meets Your Own Needs Within Your Budgetary And Goals Confinements And Once You Can Do That I Suggest Not Changing Unless You Really Have To.

I Just Saw A Flier Up On The Corner Of The Page Here... Looks Like Tsc Is Now Supposedly Carrying The Purina Poultry Feeds, So You May Be Able To Get This At Your Local Tsc If You Ask Now??? I'll Have To Check Mine And See If They Wanna Beat The Feed Store's Price.

Back
Top Bottom