What do you get when you cross chicks with some meal worms??? *PICS!*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gumpsgirl, Apr 25, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    A feeding frenzy!!! [​IMG]

My RIR's are almost 6 weeks old now, so I thought it would be fun to try some meal worms with them. I went to town this morning and bought them some from Petsmart. They were soooo funny! At first they didn't quite know what to do, but boy once they figured it out, it was on! They gobbled 30 worms up in no time flat! Here's some pics of our feeding frenzy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

I love watching the birds chasing the worms..
    Ours run around like they have a prize for a minute or two almost like they are showing off to the others who didn't get the worm.... [​IMG]

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Oh, that last picture takes the cake! CUTE!
    I had a friend in over the weekend. She hadn't "met" my feathered family yet, and when we were walking to the house from the barn, she said, "Oh, gross - look at that big, fat worm!" I said WHERE? very excitedly, and picked it up to take it to the chickens. Friend was telling the worm she was sorry she saw it....until she saw how much my chickens loved it! THEN friend said, "Now I wish we had chopped it in several pieces so everyone could have a piece!" BA HAHAHA!

4. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    The early bird gets the worm(s). [​IMG] That is so neat. Can't wait to get some for mine. How much are the worms?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by