What do you get when you cross Rusty with a D'uccle?

I think that we will have to call HIM "The Duke Man", until he finds a new home.
hit.gif

I do not think that there is much doubt, that at 20 days old, it's a HE.
See all of the red and the waddles? Why oh why the D'uccle?

n820774297_1624953_3608073.jpg

n820774297_1624954_3930618.jpg

Yeah, I'm thinking roo too. I have a d'Uccle and I am pretty sure he is a he too! The comb and waddles are pretty red on mine. I posted here is pics a few days ago and someone also thought he was a he. We named him Frenchie because of the breed!
gig.gif
Frenchie is the most friendly of all my chickens too, so now I need to find him some girls!
lol.png

My d'Uccles have light orange combs and no wattles at 3 weeks. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that I have some girls in the bunch. The whole group act like roosters (or at least what I have been able to gather from BYC member that roosters act like).

We had a rooster 1 time before but we can't keep them. So when he crowed he was rehomed. I think I have a 6 week old roo, but he is sweet and not what I picture a roo to be. He is a mix.

the comb is looking a little pink for 3 weeks I have 4 d'uccles and one started pinking up by 3 weeks now at 6 weeks is is quite pink whereas the 3 others are still yellow.

Good luck and hope it turns out to be a pullet

I think it is a rooster. Sure acts like one. He will be 4 weeks old on Monday.... I bet he starts crowing soon. I have a feeling they ALL may start crowing.
sad.png

2 more Duccle crosses hatched today. one brown and one black.

Back
Top Bottom