1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what do you get?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by prettyboy88, Mar 6, 2013.

1. prettyboy88

prettyboy88 New Egg

Jun 11, 2012
    ok guys im new to the byc, hope yall can help me out. is there a chart or a helpful hint on what i get when i breed a SLW ROO to a GLW Hen. and what do i need to get blues. do i need a blue roo or a blue hen guys/gals and have a great weekend.

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster mated to Golden Lace Wyandotte will give you: Silver Laced Wyandotte hens(all of them) and Genotypically "Golden" Laced Wyandotte roosters.

whats a Genotypically golden Laced rooster? when you mix a Silver male of silver female with a gold hen or gold rooster(GLW are gold based) you create genotypically "Golden" Males..

how will females look? like normal SLW hens

how will Males look? here take a look at this link and look for a silver laced rooster with alot of Lemon color to him, golden males always have Lemon coloring on them. look for a description below his picture. it reads "He is out of a golden hen and silver rooster, so he will throw golds with my golden hens" and here is the link http://www.furryfriendsrus.com/poultry.htm

and if you want blue laced birds you need to get blue laced birds, you just cant crate blue, you need to introduce it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by