what do you grow/raise on your property?

Purple beans, green beans, tomotoes, bell peppers, blackberries, eggplant, okra, and many others that I've tried that haven't worked out...

We also have horses, donkeys, and pasture that we're seeding and growing.

I grow herbs in pots and DH want's grape vines, but he says every time he plants them he ends up moving, so he won't plant them, ha ha.

Drought killed our entire garden this year except for tomatoes...uuugh!

Laying hens

blueberries, strawberries, rasberries, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, peas, beans, herbs,swiss chard, tomatillos, and eggplants.

What I Want:
Meat Chickens, Turkeys, Toggenburg Dairy Goats, Bees, East Fresian Dairy Sheep, Apples, Pigs, and Cows

I live on a two acre lot so I can't hace most of he things I want so when I grow up I wan't to live on a working farm and mabe even be a farmer.
Henry

What we just planted:
peas, beets, cabbage, turnips, onions, garlic

What we grew this summer:
cucumbers, bell peppers, potatoes, chard, corn, tomatoes, string beans, raspberries, watermelon (dud), red/white/green onions

3 hens

What I'd like one day:

a llama or alpaca, more chickens, a cow

Quote:
joanm,some chickens to work now on that plot right now. They will clear it of grass and fertilize it at the same time.

I'd like to do that, but I would have to build a tractor because my coop is inside my fenced area.

Last edited:
We raise chaos it seems!
lau.gif

Really, though...we just raise the usual things...Yukon gold potatoes, sweets, tomatoes, corn, beans, peas, cold crops and the like.

Well, we raise black angus cattle, chickens, Rat Terrier puppies, and barn cats.

In the garden we raise, tomatoes, potatoes, corn, radishes, beets, peas, beans, pumpkins, squash, cucumbers, carrots, onions, watermelon, canteloupe, peppers green and hot. I have tried, garlic, herbs, and have some broom corn to plant in the spring for my chicken food.

Flower beds were full this year, zinnias, four o'clocks, marigolds, sweet pea, moss roses, petunias, rose bushes, rhubarb, chinese lanterns, bachelor buttons, morning glory's, violas, and wild flower mixes.

My flower gardens did great, but my garden got planted too late, first I was waiting on the seeds to arrive, then I had to wait on the ground to dry up. My dh had me haying all summer so I didn't feel like doing anything with my garden when I came in from the feild. I know what you guys went through with the drouth, because we had one last year. It was not good.

We also raise grass, alfalfa, and oats hay to feed our cattle, and some straw for the chickens and cattle. Every spring I have a couple of bum calves. I also put in raspberry bushes this spring.

We also have horses, but don't raise any colts or anything like that.

Last edited:
We raise wheat, corn, soybeans and also sometimes milo and oats, Alfalfa, silage, and sudan for our cow herd.

The usual garden stuff. My favorites are tomatos and cucumbers.

Simmental based cow herd with Angus bulls.

My chickens, guineas, call ducks. I'd like to get some geese someday.

Hay and chickens. Never got around to a garden other than a few tomato plants this year which was good because the drought killed everything.
Do have a few grape vines and had tons of blackberries but the goats took care of that.
Plan an orchard with a few fruit trees and more pecans.

Eggs of course, usually some tomatoes and green beans. Other than that we raise shade. We've only got 3/4 of an acre and there are trees on three sides, most of which aren't on our land so we can't take any down.

Vegetables, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, corm, beans, peppers, cucumbers, amaranth, onions, Fruit, oranges, cherry, blackberries, boysenberries, apples, almonds, grapes, peaches, figs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom